Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Interested in doing higher studies without resigning from job

Date: 10 Dec 2015   Posted By: Dakshin R     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I am BE graduate in Electronics and Instrumentation. I am working in Cognizant technology solutions from the past 3.5 years in Monitoring tools domain. During my course of work I really got interested in Networks and Security as my part of work involves network administration. I want to pursue higher studies in networks and security or related area. But I do not want to leave my job.I also do not want to take the risk of studying abroad. What course should I choose? Experts: do suggest.

Interested in networking and security domain? Looking out for detailed information about relevant part time courses? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    10 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The author may consider completing Post Graduate Diploma in Information Security (PGDIS) offered by IGNOU in distance learning mode. The minimum and maximum duration of the course in 1 year and 3 years respectively. The eligibility criteria is B.Sc (Computer Science)/ B.C.A/ B.Tech (Computer Sc.)/ B.Tech (IT) or its equivalent etc. However it is advisable that necessary permission etc. may be obtained from the management in case so required. Similarly, other online courses or distance learning courses of choice/preference may be searched on the net.

Author: Mahesh    11 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Distance learning can be a good option. You have many universities these days offering such facility. The only issue would be industrial exposure from such universities. Also another thing is to keep in mind that some jobs may not allow distance education way. In such case you have to find out if the universities allow the part time course. That surely does solve your problem. I'd say do the course with certifications. For example the networking courses have some certifications. And you can do them and this could help in switching the job. Most of the people are doing the jobs in this direction.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    11 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Appropriate course in the area of your interest is available with IGNOU. You may check the website ( for details regarding eligibility, time of admission, etc.
Similarly, in the line of IGNOU, there are various Open Universities in every State. You may take admission in the State of your domicile or residence. Examples of such Open Universities: Netaji Subhash Open University (West Bengal), Karnataka Open University (Karnataka), etc. You may check the website of short-listed University for appropriate course.
In addition, the Distance Education Directorates of various Universities also offer similar courses through correspondence. However, in such cases, you have to be very careful and have to check whether the SPECIFIC course has been approved by AICTE, or not.

Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman    14 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Pursuing higher studies through distance education systems / correspondence courses or evening colleges is not having any bar to any persons. The main criteria required is only interest. I know a person doing his lawyer practice after completing his M.A.,B.L and got two more M.A. degree in two more subjects after that. I read in newspaper, one lady having 72 years of age completed her Graduation. Please go ahead. Wish you all success!

Author: TEJA SRI    24 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Distance Learning is the best option before you.There are many universities offering distance education in Networking.

Some of the details are here with for you and make a point that you inquire about the standard before you get in !!

1.Visit ACIT website,it's a Networking and security training institute located in Bangalore and
2.Anna university located in Tamil nadu also offers this facility

One more thing is that as you are not interested in going abroad there will be foreign universities making MOUs with Indian universities.Prefer such universities as they give you a better career path.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.