Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Query for making US citizen by birth of Indian bank account

Date: 10 Dec 2015    Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

I have bank accounts in India and want to make my grand daughter nominee. But she is a US citizen by birth. What are the legal provisions in such matters. Can a foreign citizen be made a nominee of an Indian bank account? How the money will be repatriated to her? Requesting experts to resolve my query.

Want to nominate a US citizen for an Indian bank account? Wondering how to go about it? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Mahesh    12 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Grand daughter if has Indian parents then she also inherits the Indian visa. And for this reason you can make part of any legal inheritance too. You should get the documentation made for her. And this way she can open the bank accounts and perform other legal work in this country. You have to make domicile document and few other documents in order to establish her identity. You can also open PAN card and Aadhar card for her. This should give you enough leverage to make her do her own legal stuff in this country like opening bank account or purchase property. Consult with nearby Visa office and also discuss with domicile department.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.