Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Mismatch of date of birth in birth certificate and marksheet

Date: 12 Dec 2015   Posted By: qwerty     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

There is a mismatch of date of birth in class X CBSE marksheet and birth certificate. I had presented an affidavit in school to get DOB changed at someone's insistence. This was a big mistake. Is there any chance I can get this problem sorted out? Awaiting advice from experts.

Having a DOB mismatch in certificates? Wondering how to resolve this issue? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: Vin    13 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Its a little bit serious problem but can solve by following the steps, (i) As per Rule 69.2 of the Examination Byelaws of the Board no change in the date of birth once recorded in the Board's records shall be made. However, corrections to correct typographical and other errors to make the certificate consistent with the school records is made provided that corrections in the school records should not have been made after the submission of application form for admission to examination to the Board. (ii) Such correction in the date of birth of a candidate in case of genuine clerical errors is made after establishing that the wrong entry was made erroneously in the list of candidates/application form of the candidate for the examination. (iii) Request for correction in date of birth has to be forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with attested photostat copies of : (a) application for admission of the candidate to the school; (b ) portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register where entry in date of birth has been made; and (c) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted at the time of admission. (iv) The application for correction in the date of birth, duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution along with documents mentioned above will be entertained by the Board only within five years of the date of declaration of result. No correction whatsoever shall be made on application submitted after the said period of five years.

Author: Mahesh    13 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Though usually schools and colleges don't change their documents due to such errors. They however do just for such typo which could cause the candidate issues in further growth. As per legal provision apart from typo there is no way the document can be changed. So changes such as date should have adjusted as early as possible. I think you should discuss with the authorities and get this sorted as soon as possible. That surely would help in future document changes.

Author: Shri Naganand Gopal Kailaje    14 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

The date of birth indicated in your birth certificate is the authenticate date hence you may approach the CBSE Board for correction in your marksheet. You may therefore approach them in this regard.

Author: hemant    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0


Sir this could be a problem if you provide same as the birth date proof, but for solving this problem you can go for change of birth date and have your all documents with one date instead of going for individual-documents you can go for one certification with all the needed documents mentioned in it from zila parishad or court as per you residence area. Meantime you while filling the form mention your birth date in which your age is maximum to avoid later eligibility problem. Also mention the same in documentation stage of any recruitment to concern officer.
Best of luck

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.