Career guidance in interior decoration field

Date: 15 Dec 2015    Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I want to know about interior decoration field and it's scope. I want to know the best colleges for this course in Pune and Mumbai and it's fee structure. I want more more details about this course and the job opportunities in this field. This will help me as I am a civil engineer? Is this field suitable for me or not? Experts: do give your valuable suggestions.

Want to build your career in interior decoration field? Looking out for information about this field? find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Some of the institutes who offer interior design courses at Pune are as follows -
1. Sinhgad Institute of Interior Design & Decoration (SIIDD)
2. Dhiyoh International School of Design
3. Inter National Institute of Fashion Design
4. Meteor Institute of Digital Design Studies Pune
There are many such other institutes /courses at Mumbai and Pune which can be searched by googling. The websites of the respective institutes may be studied thoroughly to know more about the courses. Generally success in career depends on the enterprise and hard work of the aspirants.

Author: hemant    18 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 7  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Greetings
Being a civil engineer my self, i need to tell you that the interior designing is much close to architectural side than to civil engineering side.
To elaborate civil engineering basically deals with strength stability and design of structures whereas architectural side mainly deals with looks beautification, space utilization and by laws related to structure. If you want to have carrier in interior designing, let me tell you now a days it have great scope and this field provide you ample chance to use your creativity and talent.

The good colleges in Mumbai as per my knowledge are
1 Sir JJ School of arts
2 amity university
3 Raffels
I am not pretty sure about fees as it purely depends upon college to college but it can be anywhere around 40k to 80k per semester if you are going for good college.

My suggestion will be,
Look for entrepreneurship rather than a job in this field
Go for short term course instead of masters or complete degree
Study vastushtra and feng shui as they are in high demand specially in India.
If you want to go for job you can have a career in banks as they recruit planners and interior designers on contract.
You can also go for both the furnishing works and home decoration along with interior designing.

Best of luck!