Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

How to pursue career in research and design of Army combat vehicles?

Date: 16 Dec 2015   Posted By: shubham     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am doing Diploma in automobile engineering. I am in last year doing last semester. I am confused what to do after diploma. My aim is to work for the country as I want to do research and design and make combat vehicles for the Indian army. So please suggest what to do and what are the requirements to to pursue my interest - do they need automobile degree or mechanical degree or some other qualification?

Eager to work on research & designing of army combat vehicles? Know what are the academic and professional qualifications required for this career.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have a very noble aim. I really encourage your thought to contribute positively for the defence preparedness of the country. For doing research and for designing combat vehicles for the Army, I would advise you to obtain a degree (AMIE/B.E) in Mechanical Engineering with special stress on Mechanical Design. Then join Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), the organisation which is engaged in these activities.

Best wishes to you!

Author: shubham    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

sir I have read that AMIE is not equal to what if I do degree in automobile engineering???

Author: Partha Kansabanik    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you may do it in Automobile Engineering also for joining DRDO and design improved version of combat vehicles. For the purpose of appearing in the competitive examinations, AMIE is equivalent to B.Tech. Perception regarding these two courses among people may be different, but the status is same.

Author: Kailash Kumar    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Students having diploma in engineering/technology can also appear in entry test organised by DRDO for the post of Senior Technical Assistant 'B'. Such tests are conducted by Centre for Personnel Talent Management (CEPTAM) which is a unit of
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) - Website : , Email :
For the posts of scientists Scientist Entry Test (SET) is conducted by Recruitment & Assessment Centre, DRDO -

Author: shubham    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

what type of designers they need to design combat vehicles....automobile degree+ design course of what???

Author: shubham    17 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

thanku for your answers PARTHA KANSABANIK SiR and Kailash Kumar sir..thanku now I have 3 options ..AMIE.OR BE OR B.TECH..THANKU AM HIGHLY THANKFUL TO YOU

Author: shubham    18 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Sir which is better after doing diploma ? AMIE. or BE or B.Tech ?

Author: Partha Kansabanik    19 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Mr. Subham: B.E or B. Tech are basically same. These are full-time Engineering courses conducted by Engineering colleges and the degrees are awarded by Universities. So far as technical courses where stress is given on practical application, it is always better to go for full-time regular course. So, B.E or B.Tech is more preferable to AMI , although the status of these courses are same.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Sea    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.