Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

Which one is important for a good CGPA?

Date: 17 Dec 2015    Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

I am student of class 10 and have scored 8.8 CGPA in my term 1. I am hoping to score 10 CGPA in my finals. Are formative marks more important than summative marks? What weightage does each one carry? Which one is more important for scoring good CGPA in my finals? Awaiting advice from experts.

Looking out for tips to score 10 CGPA in class X? Find all the tips and tricks from experts on this page.

Author: JAYAPRASAD    19 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

CGPA is Cumulative Grade Point Average.
it is the sum total of the marks your have scored in FA1+FA2+SA1+FA3+FA4+SA2 in all the five subjects for class X

So it is important to score 10 points in FAs and SAs
FA 1 =10 marks
FA2 =10 marks
SA1 = 30 marks

FA3 =10 marks
FA4= 10 marks
SA2 =30 marks
As you have scored 8.8 in first semester it is not possible to score 10 points for the final -that both Sem I and Sem II
CGPA will be calculate by summing up all the 6 assessment results
During the first semester 50% of assessment is over
only 50% remaining for second sem.

Author: Adarsh kumar    24 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

I managed to get 10 CGPA when I was studying in class 10. It is very simple to get 10 CGPA in class 10 if you are an all-rounder and not a bookworm. I was a cool multitalented boy always busy in national level football and athletic activities. I was good at art and dance also. So I hardly had time to study. The secret behind getting 10 CGPA in class 10 was that I was never used to buttify concepts and was used to understand everything in class itself. Once you understand something you will never forget it even if you want to forget something. If you are scoring 8.8 CGPA without studying in term-1 then definitely you will be able to score 10 CGPA in your final exam. If you scored 8.8 CGPA even after studying properly then its time for you to start studying concepts properly as your fundamentals are very weak.
Start concentrating on concepts rather than concentrating on questions. Never buttify anything especially as a CBSE student as you may end up in trouble later.
Do concentrate on extra-curricular activities as your grades are increased by two levels if you score more than 50 out of 60 in this area.

All the best

Author: Ayush Devnath    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi, I am a student of 11th and I scored 10 CGPA at previous session.

Its very easy to score 10 CGPA you just do well in all exams not top the exams just do well and you can score it.

Another important point is to make good relationship with teachers and they can help you with practical numbers and behavior points that can help you with the marksheet.

Good Luck and All the Best