Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Name change in the marksheets of class 10th and 12th.

Date: 19 Dec 2015   Posted By: ravi tripathi     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

I am in class 12th in UP Board and I have passed my class 10th in 2014 from CBSE Board. How can I change my name on both my marksheets? How much time will it take? What is the whole procedure I have to do? Or I should change it after passing class 12th? Awaiting advice from experts.

Searching for procedure for changing name in 10th and 12th marksheets? Experts, here will provide you advice.

Author: Anilkumar    20 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have to change your name or mistake in the marks card. First you have to take bound of Rs.20 type your self or go to your nearest court there you will find experience typist. Tell him/her what name you have to change. then you have to affidavit or notary in court. then go to your school give your original marks card (first take xerox copy of all document you have submitted) and court affidavit or notary submit. It will take 2 or 3 months time.
Then you follow the same procedure in college.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are two different things. One is correction in name which means correction in spelling errors in candidate's name/surname, father's name/mother's name etc. to make the same consistent with the school record.
Change in the name means to make it different from the school records. Applications regarding change in name/surname are considered by the CBSE board only where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette.
The author has to first see as to what exactly his actual requirement and then proceed accordingly. The resource may be referred for the purpose.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    20 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

First of all you have to make an affidavit from court stating the change of name in the mark sheet. Then you should submit it to the board. You can also submit it to the school where you completed your studies, they will forward it to board. The whole process will take 2 - 3 months to complete and after that your name will be changed in the records of the board.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    20 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The question is not fully clear. Are you planning to change the name in both the mark sheets or you want to change any one of these two?

Generally speaking, you have to sign a suitably drafted affidavit before a First-class Magistrate and publish two advertisements in classified columns of an English and a vernacular newspaper. Then you have to apply to the Board along with copies of these evidences for change of name in the records of the concerned Board. After that, the name in your mark sheet will be changed/modified.

Author: [Anonymous]    21 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I could not get your query completely. Is it like you have wrongly mentioned names in both your 10th and 12th mark sheets or you want to change your name at this stage?
The correct procedure is to get an Affidavit from your local court and submit the copies of mark sheet along with the affidavit in your institutes administrative department.
Please note- you are not supposed to submit the original mark sheets at first and those are to be submitted at the times of collection of corrected copies.
The whole procedure may take few months.

You may also need to publish a small column in your local news paper for name change.

Author: Padma    04 Apr 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You I think you will have to go to the state educational department ( in case of CBSE you have to inquire where to go for this) and make request and provide necessary documents.
It will get corrected and this steps may take some time, but get it done soon.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.