Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

About CCNA recertification because Cisco certificate expires soon

Date: 20 Dec 2015   Posted By: jobsp     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

I am a CISCO CCNA certified person. My certification expires in April, 2016. Should I write CCNA again or CCNP? If I am planning to write cCNP exam, should I write it before my CCNA expires? Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Is your CCNA certification expiring? Wondering whether to get recertified? Check out suggestions from experts here.

Author: Ajesh Kumar    21 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is good to go for CCNP itself. But, that is not required to get a job. Unless your project client insists that you must have a valid Cisco certification to work in their project you are not required to take certification again.
If you are already placed in some company, then your experience is even more valuable than CCNA certification.
I would suggest you to draw a clear career map in IT Infrastructure. Look forward to move to Server side or Cloud Support sector. Do an MCSE or RHCE course and take a leap ahead in career. There are excellent job opportunities and job growth in data center administration and clout support.
I would suggest you to do a course and certification called Certified IT and Cloud Architect offered by CMS IT Training Institute Thrissur. It is important that you think beyond CCNA to have a wider spectrum of skills in IT Infrastructure Management field.