Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

How to prevent group SMS in Android phone getting converted to MMS

Date: 20 Dec 2015   Posted By: Venkiteswaran.     Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

I am using Android phone. I used to send group messages by sms. It was easy and convenient to send the same message to multi recipients. But nowadays when I add a selected 'group' from contacts as a recipient, immediately I see an alert saying 'message converted to MMS'. I had lost some money when this happened the first time a few days ago, as each message was sent as MMS and the recipients also did not get the message properly. It all became waste and loss.Why is it happening and how to rectify this? Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Wondering why an Android phone is converting sms to MMS and sending to multiple participants? On this page experts will provide you with solutions.

Author: RAJAN    06 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

SMS have only limited facility, when the SMS is attached with any items and if any media is added then it become multimedia message. Check that you do not attached anything.