|Author: parveen banu 21 Dec 2015 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Ten segments or wedges is standard for all oranges,however it may vary with the fruit.
Nutritional values of orange are:
|Author: jenny 21 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Oranges generally have ten segments. Some may have more or less.
1. They are good sources of nutrients. They contain carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
2. Oranges contain fibre pectin which helps in protecting mucous membrane of colon and also aids in digestion
3. They contain citric acid that helps in preventing formation of kidney stones.
4. Oranges are rich sources of organic acids and thus help in preventing anaemia when consumed along with iron rich food.
5. They contain minerals Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium which helps in controlling blood pressure and helps in proper functioning of heart.
6. They are excellent sources of vitamin C which contains antioxidants that protects the body from infections and helps in developing immunity against diseases.
7. They contain beta-carotene and flavoniods that protects the skin.
8. They also help in lowering cholesterol as it contains fibre and also prevents constipation.
9. It also contains water that is essential for all the chemical reactions to take place in our body.
10. Oranges also help in preventing several kinds of cancer.
11. As they contain Vitamin A they help in improving night vision.
12. Due to the fibre content oranges helps in weight loss and prevents obesity.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 24 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
In general, an orange contains ten webs, but there may be some variation depending upon shape and size of the Orange. Following are the benifits of taking Oranges-
1) Orange is the source of Vitamin C, which fights with the free radicals existing in the system and hence it protects us from the disease.
2) Prevents Kidney Disease - Oranges having sufficient minerals like Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium are helpful in averting Kidney - disease. Even there is least chance of stone - formation in the kidney because of its citrus nature.
3) Regulates Cholesterol- Oranges takes care of Cholesterol - level because of same being fibrous in nature.
4) Regulates High Blood Pressure - Excess amount of Potassium and Magnessium present in the Orange is helpful in maintaining normal Pressure.
5) Removes Constipation - The fibrous nature of the fruit helps in restoration of normal bowel - system.
6) Helpful in Skin - disease - Presence of Vitamin C in the Orange takes care of the skin by removing the Skin disease. Flavonoids present in the Orange helps in addressing the same.
7) Oranges have Cancer - fighting property owing to presence of valuable nutrients.
8) Keeps Eye - vision normal - Vitamin A present in the Orange keep our eye - vision normal.