Ask Experts » Opinion About » Schools »

Opinion about spelling correction in marksheet

Date: 20 Dec 2015   Posted By: anush doddamani     Group: Opinion About    Category: Schools   

I had appeared for SSHC exam held in 2013 of Gujarat state, in which an alphabet was missing from my father's name. Right now I am studying diploma engineering 5th sem. Can it cause any difficulties in the near future? Experts: do advice.

Worried if the spelling mistake in a marksheet will create a problem? Check out responses from experts here.

Author: Kailash Kumar    20 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In case in the school records correct spelling is mentioned then an application consisting of following documents may be got forwarded through the school/college to the board authorities -
1.Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission
2. The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.
3. Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
4. A forwarding letter explaining the requirement and factual position.
5. Prescribed fee, if any, as advised by the school/college concerned.

Author: [Anonymous]    21 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you need to get it corrected because 10th and 12th mark sheets are important for future. These mark sheets are always asked for higher education and job purposes.
You need to get it corrected through board authorities by submitting your father's identity documents and a copy of your mark sheet.
Please note that you only need to submit the copy of your document to be corrected and not the original one.
At the time of collection of the corrected one, you can submit the previous documents.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    21 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

There should be same name in all documents either of 10th, 12th or diploma. As you mentioned only an alphabet is missing in your father's name, I think it will not cause serious problem, but for safer side it is advised to keep all the documents up to date.
You can contact the board from which you have passed 10th, 12th with proofs of correct name of your father. The board will correct the mistake in 2 - 3 months.

Author: gsadhiks    13 Jul 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

When it comes for your future sake you have to cautious. When ever your father's name or your name is wrong please get it corrected immediately. Because you will face problems at the time of job, or pancard application or any other government work. When we don't have birth certificate our 10th marks card itself is a birth proof. and in that only if the name's are wrong it will continue the same mistake through out. So please get it corrected as early as possible.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.