CBSE school admission age limit

Date: 21 Dec 2015   Posted By: kumar     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

My son is born on 24-12-2012. We tried in 3 schools which are nearby our place. We got the admission in one of the CBSE schools for LKG. But in one school they rejected for LKG and asked us to admit my baby to PreKG and the reason they said is my son will have problem at class X. They also said 3.6 years should be completed on or before 31st of May 2016 for CBSE.

The school which we got admission, they have not said about this. Hence we are confused and she should not be rejected at the time of class X examination.

Could you please confirm that my daughter is eligible to class X if I put her in LKG now.

Confused about the age criteria for CBSE school admissions? Quickly get an update of what is the age limit for CBSE schools.

Author: Kiran    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The minimum age limit set for admission in lower kindergarten or LKG is 3 years and 6 months and it should be completed on or before 31st May.
CBSE has not set any age limit for a student appearing in class 10th examination but asks to fulfill the minimum and maximum age criteria set by State / Union Territory (UT) government at the time of admission in 10th class. Usually this is 15/16 years, differs location wise.

Author: gsadhiks    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes the advise that was given in school is correct. If your child was born on 24.12.2012 then its eligible for PRE-KG on 31st may 2015.. But for this academic year you can do the admission for LKG. Even if the child is not gone for PRE-KG classes, because LKG is counted. But in CBSE as Mr. Kiran told there is no age limit.
If your admitting your child in Central school's then for 1st standard the child should complete 5 years on 31st may[ACCORDING TO KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SCHOOLS].