What to do after 12th with interest in marine engineering: science or commerce?

Date: 21 Dec 2015   Posted By: Rajeev kumar singh     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am a student of class 12 and I am going to appear for my board exams this year. At this time I am not prepared for any entrance exams and I want to do marine engineering. so please tell me - is it right path to choose or should I choose some other course? If not possible I can also choose commerce field. So please tell me what to do.

Confused about the right academic path to take after Class 12 for marine engineering career? Our education experts will give you guidance.

Author: T.Krishnamoorthy    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Marine Engineering is one of the fields with large scope. You must have strong physique and emotions. After completing Marine Engineering, you can apply for CDC then you may be selected to work on board in any cargo or passenger ships. Handsome salary but the constraint is that you have to spend around 20 days in a month on board (sea). If you are satisfied with this, then becoming ME is a good alternatives.

Author: Sadanandam N    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 6  (Rs 6)    Voting Score: 0

Rajeev kumar singh,
For joining B.Tech Marine Engineering course, you must have studied 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and passed with 60% of marks in MPC. You can select any college offering Marine Engineering courses through counselling process conducted by Indian Maritime University. After completing B.Tech degree in Marine Engineering, you can ultimate become a Chief Engineer of commercial ships or government owned ships within five to ten years.

If you want to become a Captain of Navel ship, then you have to complete a degree in B.Sc(Nautical Science) from Indian Maritime University. Basic eligibility is same as mentioned for B.Tech Marine Engineering course.

If you have studied 12th standard with commerce subjects, then you will not be eligible to join Marine Engineering courses. In that case, you can join B.A or B.Com or B.Sc Computer Science and then proceed to higher studies in Accountancy (CA) or MBA or MCA or M.Sc Computer Science, etc as per your wish thereafter.

Author: Sameer kumar    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Rajeev,
As you wish to be a marine engineer you would have to be with science stream i.e PCM and you can take admission in Maritime university for which you have to appear in entrance test conducted by it.Marine engineers get very good salaries but it's fact that you would have to spend maximum time on the sea.For details of courses,examination,campuses etc. visit on its website.
click here for more details

Author: MANISH KUMAR    03 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hello Rajeev,
This is a very common question which every student ask at that stage.
As you are in 12th and board exam approach then better to focus on them
And from choice between commerce and marine engineering then both are completely different field.So better first understand you AIM and then prepare accordingly.
Now for marine engineering you appear entrance exam for getting good college and for this good conceptual preparation required Again if you are good in subject knowledge then you may try this time also otherwise prepare next year with or without coaching as you wish.
As far as commerce field, then you require very good marks in 12th exam then only you get good college.
So in both ways really hard work required now decision is your take it wisely.
Wish you all the best.