Ask Experts » Government » State Government »

Educational qualification for civil engineering government job

Date: 22 Dec 2015    Group: Government    Category: State Government   

There is an advertisement by the Haryana government for junior engineer civil, in which qualification is as below:-
Has passed three years National Certificate (Theoretical) Course in Civil Engineering conducted by State Board or has qualified the same from any other recognized institution.

- I want to know whether a B.Tech. (Civil) is eligible for applying?

Puzzled about the academic qualification in a recruitment advertisement for a govt engineering job? Let our experts help you understand the eligibility requirements for the job.

Author: Sadanandam N    25 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Generally, Government organisations recruit candidates having Diploma in Civil Engineering for the post of Junior Engineer in Public Works Department. Various State Boards in our country offer Three year Diploma course in Civil Engineering through various private and Government polytechnic colleges.

For the post of Assistant Engineer or Executive Engineer in PWDs, government bodies will consider B.E (Civil) or B.Tech (Civil) as essential qualification.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    26 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

For the post of Junior Engineer in every Government (States or Central), the MINIMUM QUALIFICATION is Diploma in that particular branch. However, a B.E or B.Tech degree holder in that particular branch can definitely apply for the post provided the applicant has not crossed the upper-age limit prescribed in the advertisement.

Author: hemant    28 Dec 2015      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

sir as per advertisement Diploma of three year from state board makes you eligible for this particular job.
as for post of junior civil engineer generally B.Tech is considered over qualified and eligibility is diploma only.
as I witnessed in case of some of my seniors who are working as a junior engineer with degree, you can still apply and see if they consider you eligible or you can directly contact the website or there numbers for your solution as all the organisations are very different in there standards of selection.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.