|Author: Adarsh kumar 23 Dec 2015 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
As a fitness expert I have come across this question a number of times from people of various age groups. As per your age it is very difficult to gain weight as your nutrition intake from food decreases. It is recommended that you consult your doctor to prescribe multivitamins. This will increase your body metabolism resulting to healthy growth of your body.
For natural ways of gaining weight follow the below given tips-
1. Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
2. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Instead of having 3 major meals in a day divide it to small meals of 6.
4. Increase your calorie intake by eating non-veg items.
5. Do exercise daily as it is vital for a healthy fit body and active lifestyle.
|Author: Kailash Kumar 23 Dec 2015 Member Level: Platinum Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Since the author has already consulted a medical professional and taking medicines as prescribed by him, offering any opinion in this regard is not appropriate. The medical professionals carry out the physical examination of the body, take into account the medical history of the individual and carry out diagnostics tests also as and when required before prescribing any medicine. However in case the author is not satisfied with the diagnosis and recommendations of his present medical consultant, he may consult another specialist medical professional for the purpose.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 23 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Since you don't have any serious problem with respect to your health, it is a matter of consolation. However there are means and ways to step up the rate of metabolism. The following points may be tried -
1) You may engage in brisk walking in the morning hours regularly to tone up metabolism.
2) Banana is available throughout the year. You may consume two small pieces of Bananas followed with milk as brunch.
3) Include abundant potatoes along with your meals.
4) Some kitchen spices such as Ginger is a wonderful spice to enhance appetite in a natural way. A small piece of Ginger is to be chewed half an hour before the meals for increased appetite. This would make you to eat more.
5) A tea spoon of butter in the Lunch would be benificial to you. Butter contains healthy fats apart from essential nutrients which would help you in gaining weight.
6) Include healthy Protiens in your diets such as Curd, Eggs, Chikens etc.
7) Resort to healthy juices in the evening time by taking Mousmi - juice, Apple and Orange - juices. Sugar present in the juices would enhance your body weight.
8) You may add some amount of clarified butter along with your vegetables and prepared pulses. Moreover, Ghee is known for boosting up immunity.
As far as possible, avoid negative emotions.
|Author: Mahesh 23 Dec 2015 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
As we cross 50 years of our life, things get harder and we can't gain weight that easily. However, regular exercise and the body demands can lead to more consumption of calories and this in turn increases the weight. Though increasing the weight at this age is not good.
The reason being this age and onwards your body needs to be at healthy BMI index value. And increasing the weight often could lead to health issues. I'd say start by gaining some weight would be possible and healthy if you are underweight.
Try to do some exercise on daily basis. Make sure you are doing the exercise that are healthy for your body. Things like lifting the weight may not be a good idea at this age. Also running till you dehydrate would be even bad for your body.
|Author: Partha Kansabanik 24 Dec 2015 Member Level: Diamond Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Generally the rate of metabolism slows down once a person attains the age of forty-five. If you have got yourself checked-up thoroughly, I think there is no cause of concern. The diet naturally decreases with age and as a result weight loss takes place. Having said these, I would like to advise you take lots of fruits, green vegetables and regular protein food (not excessive).
Bowel should be clear and you must do some physical work according to your age.
In short, you maintain your normal life without doing anything excessively. In addition, get your sugar level checked regularly.
|Author: Shri Naganand Gopal Kailaje 28 Dec 2015 Member Level: Bronze Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Normally at the age of 60 it is very difficult to either gain weight or lose weight. Perhaps due to medicine for prostate gland it may have adversely affected your weight. It is more important to deal with the prostate gland as once it is rectified you would gain your weight normally. As your Doctor has checked you he would have commented on weight loss if he had thought it significant. As he has found no serious problem you can relax. Further many people try to reduce weight at your age as it hampers their daily movements.