Ask Experts » Education » Study Abroad »

Career scope after Ph.D. in foreign universities

Date: 25 Dec 2015    Group: Education    Category: Study Abroad   

I am a student pursuing a dual degree program of B.Tech. plus M.Tech. in biotechnology, which is a 5-year program. So, I want to directly apply for Ph.D. in foreign universities.
My question is that- do the foreign universities let directly enter the Indian students into Ph.D. program or first it is necessary to take a MS program and then Ph.D. Program (in case of the dual degree)? And accordingly, what should be the preparations of / for the exams (GRE/ TOEFL)? Should I take coaching or self preparation ?
Also, is it right that biotech field has more scope and opportunities in abroad as compared to India?
Also, please name some universities which offer Ph.D. Programs (and MS program also, if first MS is to be done from there) in USA and Australia (with funding programs)?

Going to pursue for Ph.D. in a foreign university? Have certain doubts in your mind regarding Ph.D. program? Get opinion of our educational experts.

Author: Kailash Kumar    27 Dec 2015      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Admission in foreign universities is not that much challenging, but getting financial aid is definitely challenging. However it is comparatively easier for students with outstanding academic records seeking admission in Ph.D. programs to get some kind of financial aid. The best way to achieve objective is to get few papers published in reputed journals. In case of published outstanding papers in reputed journals admission can be secured directly in Ph.D. program with any prerequisite of doing MS after completing M.Tech. Many confident students do self preparations also for GRE etc. without joining any coaching class. There are many resources available in the ISC repository about foreign education which can be located by using search button. Also Ph.D. is all about research. The author may conduct his own research on internet as answers to most of the questions raised by him are available in various internet resources.

Author: JAYAPRASAD    29 Dec 2015      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

After PhD you can apply for vacancies of Asst professor in Eng.colleges base on your competency
To get admission for PhD to should search the web pages of the university you want to apply.

Second option is if you have a good project and have some published works you can approach to professors of foreign universities who are working in your selected area.

Many universities and departments want creamy layer students who can work independently an they are ready to provide full scholarship
you should find an area you are interested and start to pulic papers in national ad international journals.
Refer these to the person who are interested they will help you to get scholarship

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.