Ask Experts » Health » Beauty »

How to stop height growth

Date: 26 Dec 2015   Posted By: Uday teja     Group: Health    Category: Beauty   

I am 16 and I am 6'4 (195 cm). I am growing taller every day. I am the only person taller where ever I go. Please suggest me some ways on how to control my height as everywhere I go, others make fun of me.

Need to control your height growth? Get expert tips and guidance on how to do so.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    27 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You may contact an Endocrinologist because most probably you are suffering from more than usual secretion of Somatotropic Hormone (STH). This excess secretion can be controlled by an Endocrinologist. However, if it is hereditary, the physician will advise you not to take any abrupt measure to stop height growth.

Author: Mahesh    28 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Naturally you can't do anything to stop height. Only thing that opposes height growth is weight gain. And this way you are going to have issues with the health. So make sure that you gain weight as per your BMI index. Do note that if you go on exercising that gains weight, this also affects your growth of height. That's why you should definitely consider weight gain to obstruct the height increase.

Author: [Anonymous]    06 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You may consider following points-
1. Consult a doctor specialized in Endocrinology because abnormal increase in height is mostly due to hormonal imbalance.

2. I would like to know your family denials like height of your father, mother and grand parents. Such characteristics also get transferred genetically.

3. You can play games like hockey to inhibit further increase in height. Weight lifting also helps in the same.

Lastly, do not feel bad about whatever you have naturally. God has designed with a special purpose and believe in your self.