Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

What is Data entry? Where to get some genuine Data entry jobs in India to work from home?

Date: 28 Dec 2015    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am interested in understanding and trying my hands on Data Entry jobs that actually pay in India. I have good English skills and also the experience of working with MS Office package (Work, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
What is the basic eligibility required for such jobs? Can you recommend some online Work from home, data entry jobs that work or may have worked for you? Awaiting responses from experts.

Sharing the payment modes (Bank transfer, Cheque and otherwise) will be of great help.

Looking out for data entry jobs? Check out suggestions from experts here, on this page.

Author: Mahesh    28 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Data entry requires you to atleast have 10th Pass as educational qualification. You need to be good at typing english. And also the more good you are input of that language the better. In case of data entry the accuracy counts more. Also do note that such jobs don't pay well. At the most they are going to pay the internet bill and that is all they are good for. You can find such jobs from startups, freelance sites and classifieds. Avoid doing the captcha jobs if possible. As captcha jobs don't pay well and returns are horrible.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    28 Dec 2015      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Data entry jobs require good typing speed in English typing (at least 30 w.p.m) along with high level of accuracy. Generally there is no hard and fast rule regarding educational qualification for data-entry jobs; the job-providers generally prefer persons with at least 10+2 standard. But this can easily be relaxed if the candidate is a very fast and accurate English typist.
Data entry jobs are available at start-up ventures, educational sites (study materials related) and advertising sites. The payment at initial stage is not very good. It improves along with the concerned person's experience and also depends on the bargaining power.

Author: [Anonymous]    29 Dec 2015      Member Level: Gold     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

I am the questioner.

Thanks Parth and Mahesh for responding. I took a few online typing tests and found that my average typing speed is 60 WPM and also one of these tests has shown that the maximum speed is more than 70 words per minute.

I am good in online research as well the English skills.

May I please have some sites or portals to start with? Expert advice required.