Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Is Application environment specialist a profession?

Date: 31 Dec 2015   Posted By: Sudarmani     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I am working in an IT company for insurance products projects. My job is to receive the installation files from the development team and based on the installation guide, I install the products in client systems and configure the files (environment).
I also install the web application servers like Websphere to run the application and if any issue comes, we will troubleshoot the configuration related issues and resolve them. If anything is to do with the code, the application team will fix them.
What is the general name for this profession in the IT field? Here we call it as Application Environment Specialist. How do I introduce myself to other companies for a job?
Experts: do respond to this query.

Wondering if application environment specialist is an IT profession? Then experts will provide you answers on this page.

Author: Mahesh    02 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are different names to this profession in MNCs. For example Dell has the name of Application analyst. In case of Mphasis and Symantec the name is vendor support analyst. The work process is pretty much the same. Just change in the type of the web app or the desktop software changes the process.

If you're switching job, then you have to specifically check the position you're applying. Most of the jobs have the summary that explains the position. Often such jobs are specific some set of tools. So you should definitely check that. You can also ask HR professional regarding how close the job profile goes. This way it helps you filter the type of companies you can apply. And you get the work profile match the right way.

Author: Bhushan    14 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

I think we can call you several names Network analyst , Software setup analyst , Software Installer , Software Configure . I never heard this type of Job description in my companies I name you as Software Installer shield analyst.