Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

About admission process in Fisheries Engineering

Date: 31 Dec 2015    Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

I study in Engineering in 2nd year but now I want to take admission in Fisheries college. do i have to cancel my admission from engineering college?
Awaiting suggestions from experts.

Want to study fisheries engineering? Wondering whether you can change the branch in the second year? check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Vin    01 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You have to pay full amount 24000 of 4 years in case of Government engineering college to discontinue your studies and to obtain the certificates. If you failed to pay the amount you will not get the certificates back.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    01 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Once you have taken admission in an Engineering College, you are supposed to pay the entire amount against the fees for the full course apart from other expenses. In the midst of the course, no student is allowed to leave the course.
To get admission in the Fishery - stream, you need to produce original mark - sheet of 10+2 along with your School Leaving Certificate. By not furnishing the due fees, you would fail to procure the same.
However, it would be best to continue the existing course and by doing so, you would save time in completion of your engineering degre. You need three more years to complete the course since you are in second year. This degree would be more benificial to you if you analyse job prospects in the present market. Analyse your weak point and every effort must be made to remove the same.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are no general rules or procedures which are universally application to all kinds of institutions like Government colleges and private colleges. Since information about college is not given by the author, it is difficult to answer specifically. One of the best methods may be to visit the office of the college and talk to then directly as to whether fee for the full course will have to paid or not. Also introspection should be done regarding reasons for change of course. Engineering degree is a good course. Also career opportunities are there in all streams for hard working students. Moreover, if one course appears difficult, then the other course is also likely to be challenging. There is no short cut to success. It is advisable that the present course should be completed by putting in adequate efforts.

Author: Sadanandam N    02 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

For getting admission in any course (in your case Fisheries Engineering course), Transfer Certificate is very much essential. Since you want to switch over from Engineering college to Fisheries Engineering college, you have to request the Principal of your current Engineering college to issue Transfer Certificate. Then you may be asked to complete No Due formalities from all sections of the college like Library, Hostel, Department sections, Accounts, etc. Since you want to discontinue the course in the second year, most probably, Accounts section may insist to deposit Tuition Fees for the remaining semesters of the course. It is a common practice in most of the self financed engineering colleges in India.

Before taking the final decision, you, once again, verify the eligibility criteria for Fisheries Engineering course like Age limit, Marks to be scored in entrance examination if any, Minimum percentage of marks required in Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, etc.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.