|Author: Niya 04 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Stem cell banking provides the facility to store stems cells derived from amniotic fluid and chord blood (blood from umbilical chord of newborn). These stem cells can be used for future.
Preservation of stem cells is gradually increasing in India as the stem cell treatment for various diseases found very beneficial.
Advantages of stem cell preservation
1. It can be used to treat diseases such as cancer.
2. It is available without delay when needed.
3. Using own stem cells decreases the risk.
4. Stem cells are used while organ transplants.
5. Stem cell treatment is beneficial in treating blood disorders.
6. Stem cells provide immunity.
7. The stem cells can be used not only for the babies, but also for closed relatives.
8. Damaged cells of the body can be replaced by stem cells.
Nowadays people are aware of stem cell treatment and they are ready to preserve their stem cells. Previously, there were not much facility to preserve stem cells in India, but now there are many facilities available here and they give complete information about the process of stem cell preservation.
There will be a cost to store stem cells and annual or monthly rental charge will be applied.
|Author: [Anonymous] 05 Jan 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
Stem cell Banking is a facility to store the stem cells (Cells from umbilical chord) in live condition for years from the time of birth.
Stem cells are the cells of our body having capacity to give birth to all other types of cells. So, scientist did thorough study on them and tried to keep them live at very much lower temperatures without loosing their power.
Now this service is in very much demand and even available at reasonable rates.
The reasons for its demands-
1. The stored stem cells will be help full at any time during life for treating more than 80 life threatening diseases like cancers.
2. There cells can be used in generating whole organ if required for treating any organ failure of that particular person.
3. These stem cells can be used to treat twin siblings and near relatives in some cases.
4. For availing this service, you need not to rush anywhere and the service providers will come to the hospital at the of delivery for stem cell collections. You just need to book your order.
|Author: Archana Kapoor 05 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Stem cells are the first cells that are formed when a new life comes into the womb of a woman. Stem cells are the unorganized mass of cells like a massive ball which requires further division and differentiation.
Stem cells divide repeatedly to form the embryo which grows day by day and develops into a baby.
Thus, stem cells are the basic cells through which the entire body is formed, because of this reason they have the capacity to regenerate any body organ through the tissue culture technique.
Stem cells can be preserved for future use if there is need. If any organ of body fails to function. The stored stem cells can be induced to produce the organ by repetitive division . This is an in-vitro technique. That means everything happens in laboratory and under controlled conditions.
One of the basic advantage of storing stem cells is that it serves not only one person but a whole generation because stem cells have the same DNA as in mother, father, brother of a person. So it can be used for all of them.
Stem cells can be used to cure cancer if it affects a particular organ only but if it spreads to whole body , then stem cells can't help.