Ask Experts » Health » Nutrition »

How to increase height

Date: 03 Jan 2016   Posted By: Raja Basu     Group: Health    Category: Nutrition   

I am 19 year's old and have height of 5'5" (5 ft. 5 inches). I want to increase my height naturally or by any medicine without any side-effects. I regularly visit gym for workout. Experts: do advice.

Wondering how to increase height? Check out suggestions from experts here.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    03 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

I think you should post the question in 'Ask Experts' section.

Author: K Mohan    03 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 4    Voting Score: 0

Raja Basu warm welcome to this site and glad to see your first post here. According to me your height seems to be ok considering your age. In case you want to increase your height, it is better to go for trying rings in the park. If you swing more on the rings, surely your height is going to increase. But I understand from the elders that the height of any person can grow up to the age of 19 and then stops. So you already attained 19 years and further growing of height may not be possible. But try the idea given by me and see whether you can improve your height.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    03 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3    Voting Score: 0

Height is to some extent hereditary. If your parents and near relatives are of average height, then you can't hope that your height would be greater than maximum 5 feet 10 inches.

To attain maximum height subject to your hereditary condition, you have to take nutritious food and do some specific exercises prescribed by qualified gym instructors. Don't try to increase height using any drug. Your height may still grow till you attain the age of 21.

Author: Saji Ganesh    03 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Shifted to Ask expert section.