Ask Experts » Education » Exam Questions »

Problem in high school marksheet

Date: 05 Jan 2016   Posted By: shivendra kumar gaur     Group: Education    Category: Exam Questions   

Sir I have an issue in my U.P board high school mark sheet and certificate. My surename is missing. My name is 'Shivendra Kumar Gaur' but in my high school mark sheet certificate there is only 'Shivendra Kumar'. So will it make problem in getting govt job. Please give me solution.

Is your surname missing in your board exams mark sheet? Want to know whether this will create problem in getting govt jobs in future? Get the expert guidance here.

Author: RAJAN    05 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

You need to contact your examination controller office they can solve it. If this is not solved immediately affect the future.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    05 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

For correction in board related documents you have to contact the board through which you have completed your schooling. You have to submit proofs showing your correct name with an application stating correction in your name in boards records. You can also submit an affidavit stating your correct name to the board and request them to correct you name in the mark sheet and their records.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    05 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, there must be uniformity of name in every document. To avoid future harrassment, you should immediately sign an affidavit before a First-class Magistrate in a nearby Court of your locality stating that 'Shivendra Kumar' and 'Shivendra Kumar Gaur' are same person'. Advertisements should be published in one English newspaper and in a Hindi newspaper. You have keep the affidavit and advertisement throughout your life.

Author: [Anonymous]    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Now days, I am observing many queries regarding name mismatch problems in documents.
It is really very important to keep your credentials similar in all the documents.

Your problem is not major as your name is same then it is only your surname which is absent in high school documents. For this, you should contact concern board administrative department and submit an application along with other supporting documents for your name proof.

Please note that you should not submit your original mark sheet or certificate with application and only the xerox copies should be enclosed.
The original copied will be submitted at the time of collection of revised documents.

Author: Avi    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You already have good advises. So choose feasible option for which has quick response for now and keep working on other option for future perspective.
Adding to above, alternative is to request for duplicate marksheet. Fill the form to board to provide duplicate marksheet and make sure to add request copy to correct name. Most of the places government provided duplicate certificates are accepted if they are attested by government class I officers. All the best.

Author: hemant    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

One more suggestion I would like to add, instead of you going directly to board office request your school authority to forward your request on their behalf. As schools have better penetration in the board administration and can provide all sort of necessary documents such as Bonafide certificate, your admission details and your previous exams details. By involving school authority you can speed up the proceedings.
In meantime you go to court and have a affidavit regarding the name correction in your mark sheet to avoid any problem related to documentation in near future.

Author: Pappu Das    12 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It will not create problem.
Such mistake happen frequently in educational certificates due to many factors.

Yours might have happened due to mistake in filling your exam form or mistake by clerks of your institution.

There is a legal formality to correct the missing surname.

You have to draft an Affidavit costing a nominal fee with the help of a lawyer and declare that your full name is Shivendra Kumar Gaur.
This is a simple legal formality which includes advertisement in any local newspaper.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.