Ask Experts » Doctors » Others »

What is E-2 error in Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter

Date: 05 Jan 2016    Group: Doctors    Category: Others   

I am perturbed with the frequent error message getting in the Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter which was bought through online for my brother's sake.
It was working fine since it was purchased 8 months back recently I am getting 'E-2 Error Code in Accu-Chek Active Blood Glucose Meter'.
What does E-2 Error code stands for? I have failed to get an exact explanation for this error code. Experts: do respond.

Any knowledgeable member enlighten me please?

Searching for meaning of error codes displayed by Glucose Meter? Find responses from experts here.

Author: [Anonymous]    06 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Some times it is the software damage problem and try to replace the chip. Then try to restart

Author: Kalyani    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

E-2 error code in Accu chek indicates that the code key is entered incorrect or the bar code information which was stored in the gluco-meter is lost.

Try these for fixing the issue:
1. Turn off the meter and insert a new code key. The black one which is inserted on the side.
2. Turn off the meter. Open and again close the test strip drum door.

If still the problem persists, you need to call the Customer Care Center and get help from them for fixing the issue. CCC number of Accu-chek is 1-800-858-8072.