Ask Experts » Education » Study Abroad »

Studying abroad and being in a field of research

Date: 05 Jan 2016   Posted By: Vedant Kukreti     Group: Education    Category: Study Abroad   

I want to get into the field of research and I want to do my post graduation from US and graduation from India. If I do English Honors what can I pursue for further studies? Should I do an MBA? Or else after English Honors I am stuck with English or teaching line. I don't want to get into teaching, but want to work in a research field. Experts: do provide suggestions.

Aspiring to make a career in research? Wondering what to study after English Honors? On this page, experts will provide you with suggestions.

Author: [Anonymous]    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Dear Vedant,
I would suggest you to decide a target for yourself.
From your query, one can easily sense the confusion regarding career in your mind.
You should decide a target and then only you can work towards achieving it.

Graduation or post graduation in English is having its own aspects and career opportunities but these will not be like IT field.
Language based courses are associated with limited career aspects like teaching, writing, blogging, etc.
So, if you do not want to have career in these fields, you may change your field and pursue it in any technical course.
Technical course have chances to get job in other countries.

Author: Sadanandam N    07 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

After completing B.A(English Literature) from any of the Indian Universities as a regular student, you can take up M.A(English Literature) course from any one of the reputed universities in US. Since you want to get into the field of research, you can pursue Ph.D Degree in the field of Literature or Linguistics or History, Nature or Population study or Philosophy, etc.
There are so many career options (Private as well as government sectors) awaiting for MA(English) candidates apart from teaching. You may be interested in the jobs like Public relations Officer or Technical writer or Proof reader or Editor jobs in Publishing House or Translator or Reporter or News reader of TV Channel or Brochure writer in Advertising Company, etc. You can choose the right field as a career according to your strengths after completing Doctorate Degree.
Suppose if you are interested in doing research in Management Science, then it would be better to complete BBA as UG degree and MBA as PG degree. Variety of career options are there for MBA candidates.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Read related posts: Sea    

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.