Scope of medical writing career in India as well as abroad ?

Date: 07 Jan 2016   Posted By: Rahul Sharma     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I have completed my M.Sc.Biochemistry and am also having 1 year of experience in Quality Control in pharma company. Now I want to change my current working profile. Can you suggest me the career scope of medical writing and of clinical research in India?
Which course is suitable for me in the field of medical writing and clinical research?
Which stream offers a high salary package?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Looking out for a career in medical writing? Wondering whether there is scope in India and abroad? On this page, experts shall respond to your query.

Author: [Anonymous]    09 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 8  (Rs 8)    Voting Score: 0

Medical writing and Clinical research both the jobs are mostly wanted in India. There are many advertisement for Clinical research jobs in India but very less advertisement for Medical writer jobs and its requirement though it is widely searched and wanted one.

Medical writer has to cover to write all about Scientific, Corporate, Consumer, community, Professionals, Students etc. whereas Research job is little different and it is based on allotted responsible in medical institution or lab etc.

The job is depend on the organization you works for or take a part time jobs or like a hourly jobs for both the categories. In general, Medical writer gets around Rs 400 per hour in India whereas Clinical research gets limited salary from the organization they works for. Medical writer can work from home at anytime where as Research profession has to be in their industry, on-time.

I suggest you to go for a Clinical research job for one or two years max and later you can change to Medical writer jobs to work from home simply or doing part times job of Medical writer while undertaking Clinical research job.

In general, one can get better package in abroad compare to earnings in local. Abroad recruitment for this profession could be just for short term or less than long term that too 'contract basis' only, so, it is better to work from here until and unless a good package with a long term contract offer received from abroad.