Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Doubt about document verification for govt job

Date: 09 Jan 2016    Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

My mother's name is written differently in 10 , 12 and degree certificates.
Will this create any problem during document verification while applying for any govt job?
Awaiting response from experts.

Planning to take up a government job? Worried what to do if there is name difference in 10,12 and degree certificates? Right here, on this page experts shall respond to your query.

Author: Kailash Kumar    12 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It may or may not create any problem depending upon the particular job and the attitude of the individual who will scrutinize the documents for verification. It is presumed that in all the three documents, mothers name is same and the variations are due to spelling, middle name and such other issues. Mothers name is mentioned in the passport also and is required for certain specific purposes. Ideally there should not be any variation and if possible the same should be got corrected.

Author: Sunil    13 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Having your mothers name differently on different certificates can have problem in future. You do one thing, write to the boards of all the certificate issuers after 12th and apply properly that you want to amend the name and want it as it is in your matriculation certificate. You can contact your college, they might help you.

Author: T.Krishnamoorthy    15 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

As some of our members suggested you can try to get it corrected. In case, if it is not possible then you can make an affidavit in a bond and get it signed by the notary and publish the same in any one of the popular daily of your area. Have the cut-out of the information from the newspaper and keep it in your file for ever. This much is sufficient. Whenever any problem exists due to the spelling mistakes of your mother name at that instance you can produce the affidavit copy which is authentic and legal.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.