Ask Experts » Science and Technology » Science »

About preparations of entrance exams for astrophysics course

Date: 10 Jan 2016   Posted By: haripriya     Group: Science and Technology    Category: Science   

I am from Tamilnadu and currently doing my 2nd year in BSc Physics. My aim is to become an astrophysicist by joining MSc or integrated PhD in astrophysics. How can I get admission in institutions which offer such courses. Can you suggest which entrance exams need to be given? How do I prepare for the entrance exams? Experts: do respond to my query.

Want to study Astrophysics? Looking out for information about which entrance exams to be given? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Anagha    11 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Most of the admissions to post graduate studies are on the basis of entrance examinations. After completion of B.Sc Physics, you can go for specialisation in astrophysics.
Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam, Kerala, offers M.Sc with Astrophysics specialisation.
Osmania University,Hyderabad and Pondicherry University offer a similar courses.
The admissions are through entrance examinations. You can visit the respective websites for more information. For entrance exam preparation, go through the previous question papers if available. Also there are a lot of preparatory study materials and books available. Go through some reviews and select the ones you find good.