Ask Experts » Cities and Places » Services »

How to get a duplicate birth certificate in Chennai

Date: 10 Jan 2016   Posted By: shejo.s.s.wins     Group: Cities and Places    Category: Services   

I am facing a problem regarding Birth Certificate. I don't have a birth certificate. My birth date is 15th October 1991. My birth date is not registered in Municipal Corporation, so I want to apply for Birth Certificate but I don't know the procedure regarding it. I am citizen of Tamil Nadu state Chennai city. Please tell me the procedure regarding that.

Worried about having lost your birth certificate? Find out from experts how to apply for a duplicate one in Chennai.

Author: Vin    10 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

1. Application form for birth certificate will be available at the below address :

Public information Centre
Ripon Buildings,
Corportion of Chennai,
Chennai- 600003.

2. Documents to be attached with application form :
(a) Date of Birth
(b) Place of Birth
(c) Name of the Father/Mother

3. You can contact the officer Assistant Health Officer (Vital Statistics)Ripon Buildings for any query.

There is no any cost. Use the below mentioned link for applying the birth certificate. It will be more useful than other explanations.

Reference: http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/birthCertificate.do?do=ShowBasicSearch

Author: Partha Kansabanik    10 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The complete information regarding issue of berth certificate can be easily obtained from the Website of Chennai Municipal Corporation. If the baby was born in Chennai (this is an important requirement), then the legal guardian can apply for issue of birth certificate in the prescribed form (available with the Corporation or can be downloaded from the Website itself). The filled-up proforma must contain the date of birth of the baby, place of birth (name of the hospital along with hospital documents) and parents' name.

Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman    13 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If your baby born within the city of Chennai, it is easy to have copies of Birth certificates online through the website http://chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/birthCertificate.do?do=show
and by downloading the same we you can keep stored in the computer and later on you can take as many as copies whenever you required