Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

Confused between NEBOSH IGC and digital marketing

Date: 14 Jan 2016   Posted By: Harmesh Prajapati     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am BCom Graduate from Mumbai. I am currently working in a BPO and want to do something with my career. My friends and relatives suggested me many things and after searching through I found two courses that I am interested in:

1) NEBOSH IGC
2) digital marketing

Now my questions are like this:
For NEBOSH:

1) Since I am a graduate without any experience in safety, can I still do this course and get experience as well as salary?
2) If yes to above question, in which industry the freshers are hired?
I am not able to find any firm providing job to BCOM + NEBOSH IGC certificate holder.
3) Is the scope outside India very good or ok?
For Digital Marketing:
1) I find many institutions offering course. Which one is the best in Mumbai?
2) Does digital marketing have good scope?
3) What is competition?
I am currently open for suggestions as I am very confused about my career and desperately need to come back on track. I have very good written and spoken English skills.
Awaiting reply from experts.

Wondering about the career prospects of NEBOSH IGC and digital marketing? On this page experts will provide you with suitable suggestions.

Author: Samar Mukherjee    15 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

15.01.2012

Sri Prajapati,

After doing graduation in commerce , currently you are in service and doing with BPO ( Business Process Outsourcing ).

At this very young age - one must read the background of 10 very successful persons globally including India. You will understand correct handling of contradictions.

Bill Gates shared something very astounding - he said that in college I was not a good student. But subsequently in Microsoft - I got many of my friends doing good in college earlier - working under me.

Therefore the vital thing in development is - do what you love and love what you do.

At least for 2 years continue in BPO - accumulate money wisely - build relationship with least 3 experienced - established senior persons get their vision.

Understand - vividly Logistic And Supply Chain Management and implement in your life and mission.

Wish all the best. Leave a feed back after 6 months.

S.Mukherjee.

Author: Mahesh    15 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have BPO experience with which you are already into IT industry. So it is easy for you to migrate to digital marketing. It would not be hard for you to switch either. At first you won't get much salary for digital marketing jobs. However as years pass it will start to grow. So you have to be very patient here and also you have to be focused on bringing results. Like sales, the job of digital marketer is also to bring some good social media results for the company. I'd suggest you to go with digital media position. Also consult with people who know about NEBOSH and they can give you idea about pros and cons of it.

Read related posts: Digital Marketing