|Author: Vandana 16 Jan 2016 Member Level: Platinum Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
The reason why the Tulsi is worshipped because it is considered to be dear to Lord Krishna's heart. As the mythological legend goes: Tulsi was born with the name of Vrinda. As a young girl, she was very eager to be Lord Krishna's wife. However, the Lord said that it was not possible, but that she would always be His friend, residing in his heart forever but not in his home. As a very close friend, He gave her a prominent place, so much so that it is believed that one cannot complete a puja of Lord Krishan without the presence of a few Tulsi leaves. Moreover, not being able to acquire a place in His home, Tulsi is placed outside the house, generally in the main verandah and the place in which the plant is put is known as 'Vridavan'. It is believed that the Tulsi plant is considered to be very auspicious for the home because of its very holy nature and hence evil will not befall on the residents.
Regarding the aspect of the query about the ritual being in the morning: Generally, the prayers and aartis of the Tulsi plant are done early morning after one's ablutions as that is that time when one's body and mind is considered to be refreshed and pure.
Looking beyond this tradition, at the medicinal value of the plant, it is considered very good for various aspects of the mind & body due to its anti-oxidant properties. It is helpful for the digestive and respiratory systems, for the kidneys and the heart and for tackling stress.
|Author: jenny 16 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 6 (Rs 6) Voting Score: 0|
Tulsi is a scared plant for Hindus. It's been worshipped for over thousands of years. The plant is regarded as Goddess, a consort of Lord Vishnu. Tulsi is regarded as Goddesses of wealth and the holiest plant among all the plants. The plant is regarded as a threshold -a bridge between the heaven and the earth. It is believed that Lord Brahma, the Creator resides in all its branches, the Ganges flows through its roots and all the deities resides in the stems and its leaves. A house with Tulsi plant is considered as the pilgrimage place. A person who waters the plant and nurtures it is believed to attain moksha/salvation with the Lord Vishnu's divine grace. The plant is a women's deity, Tuesdays and Fridays are auspicious days for worshipping Tulsi. Worshipping Tulsi plant is regarded as good symbol of ideal wife hood and mother hood. Every part of the plant is considered sacred. A person attains moksha if he is cremated with tulsi leaves and also a person dying is given tulsi leaves mixed with water so that his soul departs to heaven. The plant is worshipped daily in the mornings and in the evenings and lamp is lit with offerings of flowers, food and incense.
The plant also has great medicinal properties and is a source for cure to several diseases. The plant also wards off/avoids insects and reptiles entering into the house.
Worshipping the Tulsi plant removes all the sins and ending the rebirth of a person. It also eliminates the worries, tensions and gives a positive energy to the worshipper.
|Author: RAJAN 16 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Tulsi is used as antibacterial, antifungal, antipyretic, antioxidant, antiseptic and anticancer. In ayurveda it is a very good medicine. It is accept carbon dioxide and give fresh and healthy oxygen. So when the people is worship the tulsi plant they respirate these medical oxygen and it is better for health. So tulsi is a very good medicinal plant in science.
|Author: Mahesh 18 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Tusli is manifestation of goddess laxmi, who is wife of krishna. And that is one reason why the tulsi is always shown nearby the krishna temples. Also the tulsi is worshipped during dashera, diwali too. There is also one ceremony festival where wedding of tulsi and krishna is done.
There are many stories of Tulsi in hinduism. How she got her position. And how she is related with the laxmi's reincarnation. Some of the ways those stories are related shows you how the tradition of worshiping her is continued.
|Author: Bhaskar Islam 18 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
Ocimum basilicum or sweet basil, known as tulsi has a deep spiritual, mythological and medical significance.
Nature was worshipped by Indian's primitive tribes from prehistoric times. Since then, tulsi has been worshipped by Hindus for its immense unusual medical and religious value.
1) Tulsi is the first love of Lord Vishnu and it is strongly believed by Hindus that Vishnu propitiation is incomplete without offering him the sacred tulsi leaves.
2) As per Hindu scripture, the tulsi was formerly known as Vrinda. She was married to Jalandhar. Due to her devotion to Vishnu, Jalandhar became invincible and even god Shiva could not defeat Jalandhar.
3) It is also believed that during 'samudra manthan', 'dhanvantari' comes up from the ocean and when the first drop falls in 'amrit' it forms Tulsi.
4) According to Padma Purana, a person who is cremated with tulsi in his/her funeral gains moksha and a place in Vaikuntha.
5) According to Purana, Tulasi is a division of sandhini sakti. Sandhini sakti itself is one of the principal energy of the Lord.
6) It is also mentioned in Purana that tulsi is also called as Hari Priya, the beloved of Lord Narayana, given after worship of Krishna or Rama. She is a symbol of Goddess Lakshmi.
7) as per Garuda Purana, planting, watering, touching, preserving and worshiping tulsi tree burns away a persons accumulated sins of many births.
1) In Sanskrit it is said, Tulanaa naasti athaiva Tulasi – that tulsi is incomparable (in its qualities).
2) Many Ayurvedic medicines are made from tulasi and every part of tulsi is useful. It provides medical value for the treatment of cancer, stress, asthma, diabetes, skin disorders etc.
3) Tulsi is known for general vitalizer which enhances one's health, it is used to cure common cold.
4) It also increases immunity power, slows aging, supplies antioxidants, prevents gastric ulcers, protects against radiation, lowers fevers and improves digestion.
5) Tulsi is used in scientific research as well.
|Author: Bhushan 21 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Hindus believe tulsi as a Laxmi devi . It is quite visible in brahamins house , In the Morning they wake up and bath , revolve around tulsi plant and put namaskaram they believe the whole day will be good for them , It will dispose the sins if they had done any (papavinasanam). Even threads (Upanayanam) they used to dispose to wear a new thread and put in tulasi tree. (in sanskrit it is called as yagnopovitha visarjanam).