Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

Skills to enhance career prospects with bioinformatics qualification

Date: 16 Jan 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I am a Post graduate in bioinformatics and have 2 years 6 months experience in project executive job in biotechnology department of a firm. In my job my work mainly was to do internet research of projects and products and make a report or presentations. I contacted clients through telephone or mails and took followups and sometimes attended workshops. Thereafter I got married and now I am a housewife since 1 year 4 months. I need to do something for my career growth. Please suggest me if any course I can do to improve my skills.

Want to enhance your skills after doing a bioinformatics course for a better career? Get expert guidance through the responses below.

Author: Kailash Kumar    29 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

It is not made clear by the author, if she is continuing with her previous job or had to leave the job during maternity period. In case she is continuing with the job, then perhaps no further course is required to completed immediately. However, in case she had to leave the job, then she may contact the previous employer/organization for resuming the job. It may be noted that in private sector, the earning capacity is based on the capability to deliver results, instead of being based on formal degrees and certificates. With her research kind of work experience, it may be very easy for her to search for a suitable course for honing her skills further in case so required.