Difficulty in MBA course because of technical background

Date: 18 Jan 2016   Posted By: vishal verma     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am BSc(CS) 1st year student from Barkatullah university Bhopal. If I get into a good management college for MBA, will it be difficult to perform because of technical background? Also in MBA there is no use of maths,physics,computer which I had studied mainly in BSc.
Is commerce knowledge is necessary?
Experts: do respond.

Want to do MBA? Confused whether it will be difficult to study if from technical background? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    19 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Any background education and knowledge is an asset. However it is not going to be a draw back if you do not have the background on each and every subject taught in the next course. In case you feel difficulty or lacking I any of the subjects, you can compensate by putting more efforts, referring to additional sources and getting help from teachers and seniors.

A general eligibility itself shows that any particular background is not compulsory. In higher learning, a lot depends on one's prudent allocation of priorities, hard work, extra references and additional sources like library, interaction with experts etc.

Author: P    19 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for successfully completing your schooling. I understand what is your concern and for this I am truly agree with venkiteswaran..that knowledge is an asset for us whether it would be of any field.
So if you had taken admission in BSc (CS) then I would suggest you to complete this first, with great zeal and don't worry at all for the masters that you want to do after BSc. Because you are not going to face any such major problems if you are not having the basics clear of the subjects that you are going to be taught in MBA.
I too have done MBA and when I was pursuing my masters so many of friends was too other background but they did well even after that.still if you are worry then it would be more helpful to you if you will do your MBA in CS.so many institutions are their nowadays offering such courses
All you have to do is to put little effort from yourself that we all have to do when we move to higher classes.
All the best!!

Author: Mahesh    19 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There are MBAs for medical student, engineering student and generic for all other categories. You have to find the institute or the university that offers specific MBA course. For example, there are some of the IT based MBA that trains the students for being account manager, business development manager. In case of chemistry and pharmacy background, there are MBA in hospital management. So depending on where you check for the degree, there is always going to be option for you. In case of some universities there are not many options and they offer generic MBA degree. I personally think you should check other colleges for better MBA course that suits your graduation.

Author: Bhaskar Borah    19 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

No, there will be no problem, Because it depends on you that what you are passionate and interested to learn.
I know many Engineers who are doing MBA and they are not facing any problem because of their technical background.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

I don't think you will be having any problem by undergoing MBA degree, rather you will be familiar with many tools benificial in your relevant field. As for instance, you are inclined to take up MBA in IT field after your B.Sc( Comp.Sc), this can be taken up for the specialised skill in the Computer - domain. Here there will be application of Mathematics alredy studied in the graduation - level. Similarly there will be added application of your computer knowledge in MBA (IT).
MBA degree has been devised to enrich knowledge in several areas depending upon your inclination.
Hospitality - management, Personnel - management and Information- technology are the key areas in Bussiness - administration, where one can enhance one's knowledge.
But keep in mind to persue your MBA through a reputed Institute to enhance your job - prospects especially from IIM or from XLRI by clearing through the competitive - tests organised by these Institutes.

Author: Saroja    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

MBA is suitable to any background of academic as there are many specialisation (branches) available now in the market of academics.

It is only question of interest of the people because management and leadership cannot be tackled by all even though one is very good in subject or work.

While coming to your last query that is Maths, physics are not useful in MBA. Who said? MBA syllabus of any institutions covers basics of mathematics like Quantitative analysis, Operations research for Operations and production management.

Also as you said, Accountancy and commerce is also included in the syllabus and these will be easier for the students who have already done these basics. If you are interested to do MBA, along with your graduation, you can do some other courses related to Accountancy or read vast materials related to this subject.