Can I join Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of Mechanical engineering degree?

Date: 20 Jan 2016   Posted By: Chaaru Manjuraj     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

I am studying second PUC (12th standard) now. I am joining to Mechanical engineering after the completion of 12th. After completion of Mechanical engineering I'll join for Aeronautical engineering in India. Is two years reduce if I join for another engineering after completion of one engineering?

Author: K Mohan    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 5    Voting Score: 0

Chaaru Manjuraj, warm welcome to this great site and came to know that you want to become Aeronautical Engineer in near future and you are planning for the same. But instead of going for Mechanical and then Aeronautical, you can strait away go for the A E stream after completing the 12 th class. Please score good marks and approach the Aeronautical Engineering College in Hyderabad which is most prestigious and guarantee you the right placements after completion of studies. As per last year fees structure, the college was charging 59,000 per year for four year course and they are having good contacts with the reputed Aeronautical companies across the world and India. So the future is great and only thing that you must have the inclination to complete the course with higher percentage of marks.

Author: Chaaru Manjuraj    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

Hello Mohan sir,
Thank you for your replay. Actually my aim is to not to become an engineer. I want to become a pilot in my future. I am already working on it. I decided to make the mechanical engineering to avoid making my subject narrow from this level. My plan is to make the mechanical engineering first and then the aeronautical engineering and then MS or Mtech in aeronautical engineering. After I get the job, after making some money, I'll do my pilot training. This plan is because of my economical conditions are not to the level of making the pilot training in abroad. So please consider that I am making the mech. first and then the aeronautical engineering and please answer my question.

Author: Mahesh    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you are interested in becoming pilot in future then you should be focused on pilot training programs. Avoid going through mechanical or aeronautics route. Those programs make the people engineer or the analyst. That is one reason you should focus on that route. There are some programs like say that goes through air force training. You should pursue those route. As that would get your closer to pilot training programs.

Author: Bhaskar Borah    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You can, the procedure you are indicating is so much lenghty and time consuming and also will be expensive. So, you should focus mainly on the primary goal of yours.

Author: [Anonymous]    20 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Dear,
I am really happy to see your ambition and your zeal to acheive that.
But I think, your need a proper guidance from some one belonging to the same field.
You may contact pilot training schools and get an idea about fee structure and eligibility criteria for that. I ma saying this because, although Pilot training is very costly, but if we compare the whole cost you will put in for for your Mechanical Engineering, then Aeronautical Engineering and then MS and lastly for Pilot Training- it will be higher than the cost if you will directly pursue your primary aim.
Secondly, please keep in mind that such professional course have minimum age criteria and pursuing all the courses you mention will eat up your years.

There is a facility of education loan, which can help you out financially if that is the only problem with you.
Once your pilot training is completed, you will be get placed and will be able to repay the loan.

Author: Chaaru Manjuraj    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 7    Voting Score: 0

I am very happy to see these many replies. I really thankful for everybody who are answered to my question.
Actually pilot training is my ultimate goal. But before going to the pilot training I have to complete my minimum qualification of a engineering degree. This is because some best airliners like Delta, American, Qantas, Singapore etc. expects that their pilots should passed their degrees.

Some pilots suggests me to do the engineering first. My plan is to save some money in my as an engineer. Then I'll go for the pilot training. My ultimate aim is to become a commercial pilot not an airforce pilot.

If I looked upon the saving money, I should consider the amount of salary what I am getting because the commercial pilot training is very expensive. I thought if I get some decent salary, I should get another degree. So I considered aeronautical for my next degree. And another one thing, I selected aeronautical for my second degree because I want to be in the aviation field.

I thought if I make mechanical engineering and then the aeronautical engineering, I can get the job in the field of aviation. I love to be in the field of aviation. I thought if I make two degrees, I can get the job which will give me better salary which I can save for my future pilot training.

Author: Biniljames    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Charru, I am really happy to help you. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest engineering branch having great scope in many fields. Aeronautical engineering is also a good course. You can earn good salary from it. But it is difficult to get a job. Also on my view it is difficult to pass the examinations. If you are looking for job with good salary, then my openion is go for Marine courses, as it is easier for you because you are already a mechanical engineer.

Author: Chaaru Manjuraj    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thank you for your concern Biniljames. I'll checkout the marine courses! :)