Ask Experts » Career Guidance » Other Jobs »

Career advice needed

Date: 21 Jan 2016   Posted By: Anoop     Group: Career Guidance    Category: Other Jobs   

I have completed my B.Sc. MLT & M.Sc. Microbiology but still unaware about the possibilities to join a field wherein both these aspects shall be covered. I have no idea if I could clear NET exam and I do not want to stick onto the same thing of expecting results. Which disciplines should i apply for? Awaiting advice from experts.

Wondering about the career options after doing BSc MLT and MSc Microbiology? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Biniljames    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

You have master degree in microbiology. So you have greater chance to get a job in any colleges as an assistant professor. Why I am telling is because my cousin sister, she is also have a degree in micro biology and got a job in nearby college as soon she had completed the course.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    24 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You have not indicated your inclination. You are highly qualified and Microbiology is a very fast-developing branch of Science. You can find enough opportunity in this field in India and abroad.
On the other hand, Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) equips you to get immediate employment in medical laboratories and hospitals.
My advice would be first make up your mind. Take a decision regarding your career consulting your parents and teachers and stick to that decision.
Remember: "A rolling stone gathers no moss."

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    25 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Microbiology is the science where we undertake extensive stydies in the field Micro organism. The microorganism may be singular, colonial or acellular in nature. These micro organisms can be seen in a micro scope having a high resolution power and such scientists have high demands in the field of medicines, agriculture, water- industries and other research laboratories.
In case, you take up a doctorate degree in Microbiology, it would be better on your part for extensive research purpose. Even by acquiring the doctorate degree, you can continue as a lecturer by clearing NET test.
Medical Laboratory Technology is the branch of Science where extensive study relating to Pathology is done. Blood - test study does reveal Many anomalies such as malfunctioning of Liver, Kidney, Blood - count etc. They can undertake these tests independently by opening Patological - laboratories or they may get jobs in reputed Hospitals.
However, in your case, Microbiological area seems to more promising since you have already acquired a Post - graduate in this field.