Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

Query related to placement in IT field

Date: 21 Jan 2016    Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I am an Engineering student.I have got 85 % in 10th, and 48% in 12th. I have completed my Diploma with 75 % and throughout in Engineering I got 68% distinction. Can I apply for MNCs like TCS,Infosys for placements? Should I include my 12th marks in resume or skip them?
Experts: do advice.

Have a placement related query? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Bhaskar Borah    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

You should not skip your HS examination result from your resume.
In MNC s they will see your performance what you can do for them. You have professional qualification and also obtain good mark in them so you can apply.
Getting job will be depend on the interview. If you are well at the field you are wishing to apply for job, then surely success will be yours.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There should be inclusion of all the examinations with your marks detail in your resume. Barring your performance in 10+2, in the remaining examinations, your performance seem to be impressive and any omission of 10+2 examination from resume would create a room of suspicion in the eyes of Interview - board. As such this is not advisable.
Your employers in IT company would test your potential in several rounds of the tests and then only you would absorbed- the last being the stringent Medical - test.
So you should not be over sensitive on this particular issue, rather make it a point to revise the entire course taught to you in your degree stage.
There should be clarity in your expression and above all, you must have presence of mind to tackle the Board of Interview with your impressive answer. Find out if there is any upgradation in any module included in your syllabus. In that case, keep your self abreast of the latest trend.

Author: Karthikeyan    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I am contradicting with above answers. MNC companies have some limits in the exam percentage of candidates. It will be clearly mentioned in their respective careers website. Most of the top companies have a limit of 60% for students to have across their academic career. Students who scored below 60% are not eligible to attend the interviews.

Below are the 2 options you have in hand,

1. The rules are applicable only for freshers. You can join now in a small company which won't give much preference to marks and once you gain some experience you can switch to top MNC companies.

2. You can skip your hsc marks while applying for interview and can convince HR during interview. I felt it is very difficult and risky.

Author: Seema Shah    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Well ,as already answered: MNCs recruit freshers having throughout first class. This is a stringent requirement. There is no leeway here for anyone.
Also it is unethical to hide your HSC marks. Since the application form will have a space for HSC marks. Hence you will have to mention HSC marks.
Here is my advice: join a medium scale or a small scale company or a start up. Gather experience and then apply to MNC with some specialized skills as a lateral. If you are really competent then you stand some chances for getting in.
All the best!

Author: Biniljames    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

All multinational companies are looking for bright students. Since your 12th mark is below average, it greatly affects your chances for getting jobs on MNC's. So my suggestion is go for any other companies for 1or 2 years where you get the job easily. Then try for job in multi national companies. Because they give more importants on experience than mark.

Author: Saroja    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I have some alternate. Since you have done diploma after your 10+2 you have a chance of filling diploma score in the place of HSC but you have to explain in interview about the two years gap and mostly people may admire that with the scope of improvement you have done Diploma.

So leaving blank in the space of HSC score will happen only to those who have done Engineering directly after 10+2 but that may not be applicable to you as you have good Diploma score.