Ask Experts » Career Guidance » IT jobs »

What companies will recruit me?

Date: 21 Jan 2016   Posted By: sarada     Group: Career Guidance    Category: IT jobs   

I have 78%in my 10th and 59%in my inter. Now I am in BTech final year with 69% in CSE. Can I get a job in any MNCs? Can you suggest some MNCs where I can apply? Will MNCs ask about my inter marks? Can I get into TCS, TechM, Cognizant?
Should I go for a job or do my Masters'?
Awaiting advice from experts.

Are you graduating this year? Wondering which companies will recruit you? Check out advice from experts on this page.

Author: [Anonymous]    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you can. I hope your college may have 'Campus' interview facility, and even if it is not then nothing to worry. You have a good percentage in your respective exams.

Most of the MNC prefer graduate candidate with first class percentage only and only very few MNC's prefer first class with higher percentage for certain posts. Thus, in your case, you can get the jobs as you wish in TCS, Wipro, Infosys and other MNCs without any issue. I know one of the person who graduated last year with just reasonable marks and got a job in Capgemini.

Try cost nothing, sometime less percentage graduate candidates too get the best jobs with higher perks based on their effort and interview management skills just. You can too.

Author: Bhushan    21 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

sarada,

Yes you can get in Multi national companies. Previously Multi National Companies like TCS, INFOSYS e.t.c for elimination process they do have this restriction, S.S.C, INTER, Bachelors degree you should have at least 60 percent now they are not considering this because they need Man power so they are recruiting if you have good Knowledge and subject in Programming Languages.

Author: Biniljames    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Hi Sarada, I am very happy to help you. You have only average marks in all exams. So directly get jobs in multi national companies are little difficult. Since you are a btech graduate, you have good future. So my suggestion is that go for a job in any company where you can get job easily. Stey there for one or two years. Then you will get a certificate of two years. Then it is easier for you to get job in multinational companies.

Author: Vin    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Sure you can apply for job. Look marks obtained is necessary but there are some facts. There are lot of students who have good knowledge and capabilities in that some students do not have high marks. Based on the performance most companies are recruiting. If you have confidence about your capabilities then why you are worried in such a situation.

Taking masters is good choice and you will get a certificate. Only some companies are asking for masters certificates others not also get promotions too. When you entered for a job after your B.Tech you will get experience certificate using this you can apply job in MNC's. After masters you loss 2 years and apply for only freshers job. Just decide and do as your wish. God bless you.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the jobs in the Multinational Companies on the strength of the present qualification. You need not be perturbed unnecessarily for your dismal performance in the Inter Examination.
The employers resort to multi - screening process to assess the inner capability of the aspirants. In almost all the MNC companies, you have to go to several rounds for the evaluation of true potential and your absorption in the company depends on your inherent confidence, well versed with your stream and above all your ability to take the members of the Board in confidence.
To enter into IT company, your existing qualification would suffice the purpose provided you are satisfied your self. In case, you want to have specialisation in your stream, you may go in for M.Tech.
So, at this moment, without loosing time go in for the entire revision of your syllabus and your answer before the Interview - board should be impressive. You must be courteous as well before the Board.

Author: Muhammad Haris    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, You can apply for the jobs in Multinational companies. Your present qualification is quite good, but I have seen that most of the multinational companies don't consider only the education. They also consider what an applicant can do. Does he/she has some skills? Does he/she have enough knowledge to get this job.
I have seen so many times that a person with less marks gets the job and the person with more marks can't. So it's up to you. Are you confident with your skills and knowledge?

Author: [Anonymous]    22 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes dear, you are definitely eligible to apply for jobs at MNCs.

You have not mentioned about your institute name, but most of the B,tech. institutes have placement cells which helps their students in getting good and suitable jobs.
You may try to gather the information about that in your college.

There are so many companies with profile in India where you can apply.
The list starts from Infosys, Wipro, Citi, HCL, Tech Mahindra and many more.

These companies never judge candidates on the basis of their marks and that is the reasons, candidates scoring minimum 60% marks are eligible to apply.

You only need to have excellent grip over your subjects and confidence in yourself.

Author: TEJA SRI    23 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes ,Off course you are eligible to apply for any MNC . Usually any MNC ask only for 50% marks through out your educational career.Your intermediate percentage will never put you in trouble if you have an assured ability to prove our knowledge right now and apart of all these as you are from cse background i suggest you be thorough with programming and that's it once you are sure that you are thorough with programming all is your's .

At this point going for job or doing higher studies depends upon your personal interest where you need to take the decision and i personally suggest to go for job instead.All the best . Take the right decision at the Right time