Ask Experts » Computers » Networking »

Is there a facility to use internet dongle for tablet phone?

Date: 22 Jan 2016    Group: Computers    Category: Networking   

I know that we can have access to the internet on a tablet phone through Wi-Fi or the Ethernet using a USB to Ethernet adapter. Similarly, is there a facility to connect an internet dongle to tablet for internet access? Experts kindly explain if there is any such option.

Want to use dongle on a tablet phone? Wondering how to do so? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Venkiteswaran.    23 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Yes. I was using a Tablet (with calling facility also) where the internet connectivity was available direct from sim or by using dongle and sim. You may read the features of the particular tablet. The features about the tablet will say 3G/internet connectivity-through micro usb/dongle or 3G dongle compatible.
However you should check with manual which dongle will suit the particular tablet.

Now I am using another tablet(no calling)in that also I get net by dongle. Pls see attached picture .

In the attached picture pls see the blue light glowing on the dongle and the ISC site name in the google search results.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    25 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, today tablets support internet through SIM, dongle or wifi. You can connect a dongle to your tablet and can access internet. I am also having a tablet which supports 3 g through SIM. So you can purchase a tablet supporting dongle.

Author: bharath    25 Jan 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Yes you can use dongle to use internet in tablet.If you cannot use internet by sim you can use OTG cable to connect your dongle to tablet. i have been using OTG to connect universal dongle to my tablet and it works.Try it out and enjoy surfing...

Author: Mahesh    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Tablet phones themselves act like dongle so they don't need any other external. You just have to use the SIM card inside the tablet phone. And it can be used for phone or as data sender. This works for both data and voice. I think those phones are called as phablets. Those phones don't have any such slot for the USB connection. And for that you have to just remove the SIM from the dongle and insert into the tablet. Otherwise OTG cable can be used for data transfer as well.