|Author: Biniljames 24 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Photography is a good course with so many job opportunities. The various sections of photography include basic photography, advance photography, wedding photography, wildlife photography, studio photography, product photography etc. Through photography you can enter into the field of film making. The main topics of photography include understanding of photography and camera, visual literacy and composition, digital image editing, understanding of lighting and studio equipments, specialization in photography etc. Creative hut institute of photography, which is situated in kottayam district is a well known institute in Kerala and is the best for studying film and photography courses.
|Author: Mahesh 25 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Photography is very low paying career unless you are into wedding photography. Most of the other commercial photography domains don't pay much. There are some studios which do the modelling portfolio images. However it takes time to establish. You need to have a good command over photoshop and adobe lightroom. These two tools are enough to get you started. I have found the career with photography is very fluctuating and no fixed pay. So make sure you approach this domain very carefully. Start with building portfolio and then go ahead with building concrete channels.
|Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba 26 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
It is good to start a carrier of your own interest. If you are interested in photography then you can choose it as your carrier. You can start with having your own photo studio, or can join various firms which needs photography. You can also do online business of photography as many websites are ready to pay good money for attractive photographs.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 28 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Choosing Photography as you career option in this competitive age does not seem to be a practical solution keeping in view of fluctuation of income in this profession. One can expect a substantial income during the marriage - season by involving Photography but in the lean period, income does not seem to be attractive.
The job of Photography consists of Wild Life Photography, Wedding - photography, Studio - photography and Modelling - photography etc. You can get expertise in this profession with some local institute operating in your area. The other option would be to surf the net for an established Institute.
I would advise you to continue a stable job and side by side, you may continue Photography as your hobby by opening a studio where you would work in your leisure hours.
|Author: Bhakti Savla 28 Jan 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
It feels good to know that you are following your passion for photography and wish to convert it into a full-time profession. If you do what you love, then, you will never have a dull day in your life. But, since you are already working, it means that you have qualifications and degree in some other field (not related to photography). So, it may not make sense to leave your job completely, till you are able to generate decent income from photography profession. I would suggest the following tips to make an alternate career in photography:
- Look out for a photography course which you can do along with your job. There are many weekend or part-time photography courses for working professionals.
- You can even choose to join a professional photographer and learn from him / her at weddings, birthday parties, portfolio shoots, etc. Such direct on-job learning can prove to be immensely helpful. Additionally, it helps you to build a good network of clients whom you may contact for future photography assignments.
- You need to join some photography club in your town or city, where many photography enthusiasts and professionals share their knowledge together and even go for short photography-based trips.
- Once you have completed any certificate course or workshop in photography and practised a lot, you can start promoting yourself as a freelance photographer. You can use Whatsapp groups and Facebook page to share your work with others.
- You can create your own photography blog online, where you share all the types of photographs that you can take and even write about your experiences. This blog could serve as your resume containing all your best work, along with your contact details for future assignments.
- Unless you have some peculiar photography interests for wildlife or sports, you can keep all your options open. Be it birthday parties or weddings, or bridal photoshoots or baby photoshoots, you need to make yourself expert in most of these. The reason is there is heavy demand for all such photography assignments. Initially, you may continue with your job for secured income and take up photography assignments only for weekends. Later, you may take up some part-time job or start using the internet medium to generate alternative source of income, apart from your photography assignments. This will help you to stay motivated till you become a renowned photographer and start earning massive income from your passion for photography.