|Author: Partha Kansabanik 25 Jan 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 4 (Rs 4) Voting Score: 0|
The requirements to become a cricketer are as under:-
(a) Zeal, Determination, Patience and courage to fight adversity
(b) Chose a good cricket academy in your city (which you have not mentioned) . If such academy is not available in your city, shift to the nearest metro city for joining a reputed academy.
(c) Hone your cricketing skill (as batsman and fielder) in the cricket academy.
(d) Start playing club cricket.
(e) Develop your body and mind for the game. Remember, cricket is also a mind game.
(f) Last but not the least, TRY TO PERFORM AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY YOU GET.
|Author: [Anonymous] 25 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 1 (Rs 1) Voting Score: 0|
You have to join state level tournaments to start your career in cricketing field so that you can be the next Irrfan pathan or Zaheer khan.
|Author: Biniljames 25 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 3 (Rs 3) Voting Score: 0|
Hi jaan, I am very happy to help you. I am also 20 and play cricket every evenings. If you want to become a cricketer, first of all, play mini tournaments with other teams. If there is any district cricket tournaments, then go for it. If you can, then go for all possible tournaments. Thus you will get a good name from all. Then try for Renchi Trophy. It is better to have a coach, so that you can participate in bigger tournaments such as Renchi Trophy and other state level matches. If you bright there, Indian cricket authority will directly select you or you can apply for IPL matches. It is not possible to enter in to the cricket field directly. You need good patience for that. Hope one day you will lead India. Best Of Luck.
|Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba 26 Jan 2016 Member Level: Silver Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Yes you can become a cricketer. Anyone who have good performance can go further in his carrier. You have to show your performance in your district level cricket, state level tournament, then if you got chance in National level matches like IPL and others, you have to show your consistent performance. Use your special skills to attract selectors towards your performance. If you are a good batsman, then you may score good runs in your innings, like more than 100 in continuous matches which attracts attention of selectors towards you. Good luck.
|Author: Mahesh 28 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 2 (Rs 2) Voting Score: 0|
Process of being a cricketer is not centralized. Most likely you're going to play from local teams before being called at state level. Once you reach the state level then from there you get options. You get to choose from the national level leagues or tournaments. In such case you get more opportunities. Your performance in national games and the leagues decide if the selectors take you for IPL or ODI and other games. So this is a process where you have to start from local level. This is the unwritten but guided process for being a cricketer.
|Author: Bhakti Savla 28 Jan 2016 Member Level: Diamond Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
As some experts have mentioned above, there is no fixed process through which you can become a cricketer. If you have the passion and talent, let your performances talk for you. The important thing is to give yourself enough opportunities to keep improving and get noticed by the right people. For this, you may have to follow some tips to become a successful cricketer as listed under:
- Start playing in as many local tournaments as you can. There are many cricket tournaments that happen area-wise in cities and towns. Also, there are plenty of corporate tournaments, where companies require good players. If you are liked by them, they may pick you up for their team.
- Keep practising season cricket for atleast 3 hours everyday. You can join some good cricket academy or even any gymkhana. You have age on your side. Just remember many successful cricketers got their big opportunity after they became 28 or 30 years old. So, just be positive and keep performing.
- After spending a year or two in the local city tournaments, you may start trying for Indian domestic cricket tournaments like Irani Trophy, Duleep Trophy, Ranji Trophy, Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, etc.
- You may even try to get through to any of the IPL teams, as they keep hunting for young talent. The IPL platform can give you the opportunity to train with some of the best international cricketers, even if you do not get selected to play any match. Patience is the key and your chance will come.
|Author: Sheo Shankar Jha 29 Jan 2016 Member Level: Gold Points : 5 (Rs 5) Voting Score: 0|
In order to be proficient in the area of Cricket, the following points would be helpful to you-
1) You should have high determination and skill to demonstrate in the field of cricket.
2) A consistent practice for at least two hours would be required to horn your skill. If you are guided by a professional coach, the better it will be.
3) Initiate your activity in the local area. By playing in the local tournament, your confidence - level would multiply. Your successful performance would be noticed by influential people and your chances of participation in the cricket would widen naturally. In that way, you may shine in District and State tournament.
4) Keep a watch on your diet, it must be a balanced one containing Protiens, Carbohydrate and essential minerals to nourish you body. In that way you would get adequate energy - level.
5) You may try your luck in Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy after some time. Your consistent good performance would give you chance to be included in IPL team later on.
|Author: nitish kumar pandey 29 Jan 2016 Member Level: Bronze Points : 8 (Rs 8) Voting Score: 0|
As you want to become Cricketer and it is not easy goal. Still if you are determined and hard working, you will be Cricketer.
But For being Cricketer, you should had to study in sports school or Academy. now you are 20 years old and at this age you can not study in sports school.But you can search in paper or internet for any league or tournament organized by Indian cricket board and participate in those competition. Because Indian Cricket board organize tournament and they select team from different cities of different states.
So the main target should be searching for platform where you can show your Cricket talent.
I would like to suggest you to join :' Yuvraj Singh Center of Excellence (YSCE)' for best class coaching and training. And they also provide platform to talented students. Now your age 20 years and still you can try in this academy.
for more information, on Yuvraj cricket academy please visit following website: