Ask Experts » Computers » Programming »

How to learn Android programming?

Date: 25 Jan 2016   Posted By: bharath     Group: Computers    Category: Programming   

I have certain ideas which I want to give life in the form of android apps. I am not a programmer, but I know the basics of programming. Can anyone guide me to learn android programming? Is there any free online source apart from app creating websites or is there anyone who can do programming for me? Awaiting: inputs form experts.

Interested in learning Android programming? Wondering how to start? Find suggestions from experts here.

Author: Vin    31 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

There are lot of sites available to learn android and programming. What you mean by this post. Do you want help from anyone or sites which gives your need. There is online support but don't know about programmers. Codenvy provides you online IDE for android development.

Author: Akshaya Acharya    09 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Android is basically an open-source software. Which actually means anyone can develop any kind of apps and sell them online! Google play-store for instance provides developers to post apps and sell them and a lot of people around the globe are making decent money from apps. Obviously it takes quite an effort to be an android developer.
If you are a beginner, I suggest you pick up a good knowledge on XML(Xtensible Markup Language) and Java. Studying java wouldn't be difficult if you are familiar with Object Oriented Programming. You can learn java on your own by buying a good book. XML is a very simple language and you can learn it in 2 weeks or so if you are new to the topic. XML can be studied through online tutorials.
Once you are thorough with these two topics, you can either study android development on your own using video tutorials in you tube or there is also a developer website (http://developer.android.com/develop/index.html) which provides a step by step tutorial on android development. There are a number of private institutes who train for certification courses of android for a period of 6-12 months. Studying android development isn't difficult, but you will need a thorough knowledge of different versions of android and developing apps for various versions of android.

Author: Rani    11 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 5  (Rs 5)    Voting Score: 0

Android is an operating system for mobile phones similar to Windows or Linux in desktop/laptop. Since it is an open source you can get source code released by google free of cost.

To learn Android, first and foremost thing is to learn basics of Java. Even if you are not aware of XML also, you can learn Android because the IDE which you use say Android studio/Eclipse will take care of XML contents provided you have thorough knowledge on Layout design.

As you said you have many ideas in your mind, you can go ahead to start learning Android in YouTube to gain knowledge in it. Once you familiarize all the UI controls and other stuffs you can start your own applications. Start downloading Android studio/Eclipse and have a look on all the stuffs before you proceed to learn, this will help you to learn things faster.

After creating your own application(app) you can upload it in Google play by paying few dollars as registration(say $25) to become a part of developers group. After registration, you can upload as many as applications as you like by providing either free or proprietary applications. All the best.

Author: Krishna Teja Yeluripati    03 Jun 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

First of all, I appreciate your idea to learn android programming. An year ago, I have the same problem and one of my seniors helped me to learn how to create android apps. So, my suggestion (my senior's suggestion) to you is to watch android app programming tutorials in YouTube. There are some YouTube channels which explain clearly A to Z of Android programming i.e. from installing the software required in creating android apps (Android Studio or Eclipse) to uploading the app you created in Google Play Store. I highly recommend 'thenewboston' YouTube video channel. It helped me to learn android app making. Recently, I installed Eclipse after uninstalling Android Studio because the latter is working slowly (in my laptop with 6GB RAM). By watching tutorials, I created 5 apps based on my own ideas.

Hope this answer helps.

Read related posts: Android softwares    Android Apps Development    Programming Language    programming languages