Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Surname with initial in Degree certificate

Date: 26 Jan 2016   Posted By: jvs apparao     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

My first name and last name is exchanged in the degree certificate. Will this create a problem in document verification in RRB Railways job? Experts: do respond to my query.

Having a query regarding wrongly written name in degree certificate? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Vin    27 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Surely it will affect during verification. So immediately contact your government service sector to make necessary changes. Do needful as soon as possible.

Author: Kailash Kumar    27 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Name is mentioned in various formats. Generally in conventional Indian system, the format is first name followed by middle name and/or surname. However in another format surname if mentioned first followed by first name etc. The information furnished by the author is insufficient to throw more light on the subject matter. The authors actual name as per high school certificate and the name mentioned in the degree certificate is required for further advice.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    27 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

It may create unnecessary complication in future. You may make a suitably-drafted affidavit stating that X (your original name) and Y (the name in your certificate) are same. Similarly-worded advertisements are also required to be published in two newspapers, one English and another vernacular. You have to keep/preserve the the affidavit and the advertisements in future to avoid complications.

Author: Bhaskar Borah    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, this will create problem during document verification. So, avoid problems you can apply for correction of the name on certificates, or you can affidavit your name according to the certificate.
There will surely a big problem so I suggest you to do the changes as soon as possible.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

The name in your all documents should be same. First name is exchange with last name, it sounds that the name is same but the order of writing is reversed. Your candidature may not be cancelled based on such a mistake, but to avoid unnecessary complications it is advised that you should immediately contact university/ college from where you have completed your degree and do the needful for corrections in your name.

Author: Biniljames    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes it will create complications. It is essential that all your identity proof should be the same even not only in name, but also with the whole address. It greatly affects when you apply for a job with that certificate. It also affects for pass port varification. If you think for further studies, it will lead to complications. So it better to correct the name as soon as possible from the university where you studied.

Author: Naina Khan    03 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, changes in your surname with initial in your degree certificate will definitely create unnecessary problem in your job applied during processing of your certificate verification. Moreover this is a more common mistake that might happen to our name in our certificates. There is nothing to worry about this issue as this can be sorted out very easily. All you have to do is consult your college or university representative to known about the procedure for applying the required changes in your degree certificate.

As said by you as there is only misplacement of your names in your certificate and in order to get it corrected a covering letter indicating your full postal address with required name proof, and your originals are to be submitted at the respective department by paying the required fees either at the college or university.

As it might take some time to get it corrected it is advisable to have regular touch or follow up with the department representative. Moreover it is advisable to send a clear photocopy of name proof in order to avoid further discrepancy in future.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    03 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, any deviation in your degree certificate from the class tength certificate is not acceptable and you must make an effort to get it corrected at the earliest for your own interest. It seems to be a minor mistake - an interchange of your name and surname. However, this would cause unnecessary impediment in certificate - verification by the concerned officials.
In this connection, you have to approach the university of Vice- chancellor along with an application indicating the discrepancy and all the relevant papers supporting the genuineness for its correction. You have to deposit a prescribed fee as decided by the university for the correction of the same.
The process may take time but the mistake would be rectified.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.