Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

Which state in India has maximum percentage of jobs reserved for specified categories?


Date: 27 Jan 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Under how many categories there is reservation of jobs for specified categories in various states of India. Is percentage of reservation for jobs is equal in all the states? Which state in India has maximum percentage of jobs reserved for specified categories?

Are you looking for information about percentage of reservations in jobs for special category of castes and people below poverty line? Ask your queries over here and get to know probable answers for your queries.


Author: Partha Kansabanik    30 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In North-Eastern states of India except Tripura, the reservation percentage is 80% for Scheduled Tribes. The remaining 20% are open seats.
Among the bigger states, 69% seats are reserved in Tamil Nadu. This 69% consists of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Castes.


Author: Jagdish Patro    01 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

Caste based reservation system for various jobs under Union Government and PSUs: Scheduled Caste (SC ) -14% , Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 7.5% Other Backward Communities ( OBC) - 27%

As far as states are concerned, there is no uniform procedure adapted . Among all the states, North Eastern states observe highest ratio of reservation system in educational institutions and job openings in their states. ST - 80%, General - 20% No OBC and SC category and they have to compete under General category.

Other than NE region, Highest reservation quota is observed in the state of Tamilnadu to an extant of 69% for BC, SC and ST while 31% for General category. Parliament has approved this by amending a special clause in the Constitution. In AP, there is a reservation quota for Muslims to an extant of 4% in addition to 25% for BC, 15% for SC and 6% for ST.





Post Answer



You must Sign In to post a response.


Post Answer        





Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts


  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

     
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.