Ask Experts » Education » India Educational Consultants »

Degree certificate name difference with 10th certificate name

Date: 28 Jan 2016   Posted By: jvs apparao     Group: Education    Category: India Educational Consultants   

My name is V S PARAMESWARAO JALLEPALLI as per my 10th class certificate, but in my degree certificate the name is given as PARAMESWA RAO J V S. For RRB Railway Document verification, how can I manage this difference of names & resolve the issue and get it rectified?

Worried that you degree certificate has your name spelled out differently from that of your Std.10 certificate? Get quick expert guidance on how to resolve this problem.

Author: Kailash Kumar    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think in absence of any other basic document regarding name of the author like birth certificate, passport, PAN card or Aadhar card, the name mentioned in the 10th class certificate should be treated as the 'name' of the author as the same document is likely to be relied for date of birth also. Though it will depend finally upon the personal opinion of the official who will verify the original documents, but I think a sworn affidavit stating that the names mentioned in both the documents are of the same individual, may serve the purpose.

Author: [Anonymous]    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Do you have any other identity certificates like Aadhar Card, PAN card, or any other documents for supporting any of the names?

If yes, then follow the name which has supporting proof and try to correct the same in other documents.
The mismatch in name may cause trouble for you in future specially when you are in government job.
At the time of verification, you can present a request letter to get some time span for document correction. They may consider it and may not.

Author: Manoj Kumar Lamba    28 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

If you have some other proofs like PAN card, Driving licence having correct name, you can show it at the time of document verification. To do the needful correction in your degree you have to made an affidavit from your local court and submit it with an application to the university from where you have completed your degree.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    01 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The anamololy can be rectified on the basis of class tength certificate under your possession. What is needed at this juncture is to procure an affidavit certificate from the office of the first class magistrate certifying that you are the genuine person for the recipient of the degree and accordingly an advertisement would be displayed in all the leading News - papers. Thereafter, you may meet the office of Vice- chancellor for the correction of your name.

Author: Jagdish Patro    02 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

There is no need to worry about. Your SSC certificate has a mention about your surname while in the Degree certificate the first three initials were not abbreviated which can clearly be understood by the verifying official. Still you find a problem, the Transfer certificate/Migration certificate issued at the time of relieving from the college can be produced as it is mandatory to mention the name in full. For example Jallapalli Venkata Shiva Parameswara Rao.

Otherwise, you approach your college authorities and send a request to the University through them for making necessary correction as per the SSC certificate. In my view, it may not be a problem to continue with the present uncorrected certificate. Alternatively, you get a legal affidavit duly signed by the Notary that both the names are one and the same. I think this action would clear your doubt and give you peace of mind.

Author: Naina Khan    03 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

A degree earned and its certificate plays a dominant role in an individual life in several ways. In present days a degree certificate becomes vital when applying for a job. Only the format and layout of a degree certificate may vary from one university to another where as a degree certificate of any university in India consists of various details like student register number, student name, name of the respective degree, branch of study, period of study, class earned along with month and year of the examination. In such case there should be no discrepancy in your basic profile details.

To make note here you have not mentioned to which university you belong to? Because the guidelines followed under each university may be same with only different in their fees structure and application procedure.

Any corrections that are to be incorporated in a certificate can only be done at the respective university that through proper channel. As said by you I hope you would have already received your certificate and before applying for the required correction it is advisable to enquire at your college about the procedure to be done. Some college may directly collect the respective amount and your application – cover letter with required proof (as said by you photocopy of your 10th certificate or any other certificates) for university verification along with your original certificate and sent your application to the university on your behalf or else it might ask you to visit the respective university in person for the required corrections. There would be no predefined time from university for correcting your record and in such case it would be better to have a regular follow up with your college or university representative till you receive your corrected certificate.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.