Ask Experts » Opinion About » Miscellaneous »

How to take care of pet gold fish?

Date: 30 Jan 2016    Group: Opinion About    Category: Miscellaneous   

Recently we bought a pair of gold fishes as pets. Since this is the first time looking after any pet, I did some research on the internet to know the basic care instructions for taking care of the fish. Some suggest feeding boiled and mashed peas. Is this safe? What are the general tips to care for and look after gold fish?

Recently brought home pet gold fish? Learn how to feed and take care of them from the responses below.

Author: Imran Soudagar    09 Feb 2016      Member Level: Bronze     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Once I had a few pet Gold fishes and I never fed them anything except the fish food that I bought from the Fish store.

Few tips to keep your fish heslthy:

Keep the water clean.

Change the water every week.

Feed them at regular intervals.

Make sure your cat doesn't est them.

Author: Akshaya Acharya    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I have had fishes as pets for around 5 years so here's what you need to do:

You specifically get goldfish foods in the market or you can buy them online (http://www.amazon.in/Sera-Goldy-Color-Spirulina-40gm/dp/B00R7BL9WI?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=c89cddc2-2182-42bd-8f07-7a3daaeb20d4)

Feed them regularly like in the morning and evening. Make sure you maintain the time you feed your fishes.

Change the water regularly depending upon the aquarium pond size. Usually once a week

Use soft water for fishes. Chlorinated water are harmful for fishes.