Ask Experts » Government » Central Government »

Regarding NOC from current Central govt job

Date: 30 Jan 2016   Posted By: satveer     Group: Government    Category: Central Government   

Currently I have joined the Ministry of Defence at 2800 grade pay. But before this I was selected for another Central Govt job with 4600 grade pay. Before joining the Ministry of Defence I had intimated about my previous selection. Will my current department deny NOC on any ground as there is no bond signed? I had also applied for PRAN. If I resign directly will this PRAN create any problem in my next job? In the attestation form can I mention the current job?
Experts: do respond to my query.

Having a problem about NOC in a government job? Check out responses from experts on this page.

Author: Kailash Kumar    01 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The author has not made it clear as to whether he was only selected for another Government job with grade pay 4600 or had actually joined also the same and was working in the same before joining the Ministry of Defense job with grade pay 2800. Also application for PRAN is submitted through the employer department in the cases of serving Government employees. In my opinion it is always better to discuss such matters directly with the concerned officer of the employer department amicably after furnishing full and factual particulars. A contortionist approach is never advisable with the employer after collecting information from public forums etc.

Author: Jagdish Patro    02 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

From your above post, it is construed that you got the job in other Central Government department carrying 4600 GP before joining the Ministry of Defence in the post carrying 2600 GP. You say simply that the department was informed regarding the new selection. In other words, you wanted to continue in a job till you receive orders which follow the formalities of police verification and medical examinations etc. Remember, no Government agency or PSU or private agency wants to accommodate someone who is obviously leaving the job very soon. You might have told orally and the administrative in-charge might have heard of your word which can't guarantee you a NOC from the present employer. NOC would be given in Government departments only when you have applied for the post with prior intimation or through proper channel.

Coming to your query, it is ideal that you submit your resignation to the present post and join the new one. The only thing is that the service you rendered in MOD would not count for future pension or gratuity purposes. Even though you have applied for PPRAN, your accumulations would be disbursed at a later date. There is no link with a bond as done in private agencies and just submit your resignation letter with a one month's notice which would solve your problem. But take care that the new post would be lying vacant to be filled by you before you offer your resignation to your present employer.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    02 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

I think some lapse has occurred during the process of your inclusion in the Defence - service. During your selection - process in the Defence, the personnel department should have looked into all the relevant papers. Since you have applied PRAN - an essential process in the Government - job, this issue is not likely to create any problem.
Regarding the bond - part, I cannot make out how you were allowed to join the present assignment without furnishing the bond - formalities.
It would be better to discuss your problems with the personnel department of Defence and sort out the issues with which you are facing.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.