Ask Experts » Computers » Blog and websites »

How I submit sitemap of my blog to google ?

Date: 31 Jan 2016   Posted By: Purna Prasad Sharma     Group: Computers    Category: Blog and websites   

Hi friend !

I am facing trouble to make sitemap of my blog. Is sitemap a page where I have to display all my pages name associate with link in it. If it is yes than after that how I submit this sitemap to google?

Wants to submit sitemap of own blog to google. here are the suggestion from our experts.

Author: Saji Ganesh    31 Jan 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 0    Voting Score: 0

Thread being shifted to Ask Expert section.

Author: Bhaskar Borah    31 Jan 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

You donot have to post all your urls to google. It is easy.
First go to the google webmaster tool and add your blog as a property there after that verify your blog.
If you already done the above steps, just click on the title of the blog on webmaster tool and then click on sitemap button available there.
Then at the top right corner you will see a option Add/Test sitemap, Click there. You will see a blank space followed by your blog domain name. In the blank space write or copy paste the following and click submit. It may take upto one week to index your all blog components to google.

atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500

Thanx.

Author: Mahesh    31 Jan 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 4)    Voting Score: 0

In order to submit the sitemap to google you need an account on Google webmaster tools. This site allows you to view the sitemap and also the links crawled by google. You can also get the messages related to your website and the site issues.

First thing to do is generate the XML sitemap for your website. Then you have to point out the xml sitemap URL in google webmasters page. Once you to do that Google will start to crawl all the URLs and show you the report within 24 hours.

Sitemap can be generated from your WordPress dashboard using plugin. If your blog is hosted on blogger then instructions are different. If your page is made up of static website then in such case you have to create XML sitemap in a different way.