Ask Experts » Education » Professional Courses »

Can I do diploma after BTech?

Date: 01 Feb 2016   Posted By: prem     Group: Education    Category: Professional Courses   

I did BTech, but I haven't scored well. I have many backs and just managed to pass in each semester. Can I do diploma after this? Experts: do advice.

Having a problem studying BTech? Wondering what to do? Find responses from experts on this page.

Author: Bhuvaneswara Rao Nalla    07 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Even though I don't know your exact intention but I wonder why you want to do diploma in engineering even after completing your B.Tech. It will be mere wastage of three years. If you want to learn the engineering subjects thoroughly, join some coaching institutes, which offer coaching for GATE or IES even if you don't want to write these exams. Struggle hard to learn the subjects. If you don't want to waste your time in coaching classes, you can even join some short term PG diploma courses in your branch of engineering, which can enhance your knowledge.

Author: Mahesh    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

I have heard of this sort of scenario for the first time. In theory you can do the diploma all over again. You just have to use your 10th class marks to get the admission. But after finishing the BTech, can you not find the reason not to go through this all over. I suggest you to view life forward and not backward. Instead of doing diploma and punishing yourself with same system all over. I think the best course of action is to do some job or do post graduate course. How about doing MBA or course in the industry of your choice? That should give you enough time and leverage for better career. Also doing post graduate course and performing better in it can improve your chances to better job. And also the post graduate degree can open many other doors in your life.

Author: Madan Lal Mahato    20 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 1    Voting Score: 0

You can do diploma after B.Tech. You have to show only your 10th or 12th certificates except the b.tech degree. I know you are frustrated from backs and engineering. you want escape. Due to this degree, you can do non-technical job also. I think you should start again with more focus.