Ask Experts » Sports » Cricket »

Is starting career as a cricketer at age fifteen too late?

Date: 04 Feb 2016    Group: Sports    Category: Cricket   

I am 15 yrs old and I am a left handed batsman. I am interested in cricket very much so can I start my coaching career from now on or is it too late as my age is 15? Will I become a batsman if I start my hard work in cricket with formal training now? So could you advice & suggestions whether to start and how to become a good cricketer?

Want to begin your cricketing career at age 15? Know from experts whether or not it is a good idea to do so at this age.

Author: Bhuvaneswara Rao Nalla    08 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

There won't be any issue even if you start your cricketing career at the age of 15. You can join some good cricket academy at this age. If you work hard, there is possibility of getting selected into the the district level Under-16 team. If you do well further, you can play for the Under-19 teams of state and national levels. Nowadays, we can hardly see any cricketer, who is making into international cricket below the age of 20. So, you have ample time to turn yourself into a successful cricketer.

Author: Mahesh    10 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 4  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Praveen tambe got selected for IPL at the age of 40. He is active in IPL for last three years. So what's your excuse? That you are 15?

You can start healthy career upto age 30. And after that age, your body demands more resources from both mentally and health wise. So you have to struggle more in 30s onwards. So you should try harder before reaching 30.

There are many coaching institutes and the clubs for which you can play and take your career ahead. It'll surely help you in the longer run. Make sure you have fallback career plan just in case cricket doesn't work out. Because single career days are not applicable anymore.

Depending on your location you have to find the nearest coaching center. Make sure you play as much as possible in those teams.