Ask Experts » Lawyers » Indian Law »

Will incorrect surname in 10th and 12th mark sheet cause problem for govt jobs?

Date: 04 Feb 2016   Posted By: sankara rao     Group: Lawyers    Category: Indian Law   

In 10th and 12th mark sheets, my surname was correctly printed as BOTROJU but for my father's name the surname was printed as BDTROJU. Will this create a problem in government job document verification?

Worried about incorrect surname of parent in academic marksheet? Know from our experts if this would create a problem when getting documents verified for a government job.

Author: Biniljames    04 Feb 2016      Member Level: Silver     Points : 1  (Rs 1)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, it will lead to complications while searching for a job. Not only for jobs but also you may come across with different difficult situations such as passport verification, further studies etc. even though you have other identity cards for proving your real name. Best way is contact your school or college as soon as possible for changing the name.

Author: Kailash Kumar    04 Feb 2016      Member Level: Platinum     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

In my opinion there should not be any problem merely on the ground that the surnames of the individual and his/her father are not exactly the same, though it is always advisable to get any kind of error rectified in all documents. The individuals name and his/her fathers name are just a 'data' for the system. Perhaps there is no legal requirement of matching the same or correlating the same. However the data should be correct and not false or misleading.

Author: Sheo Shankar Jha    04 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

The mismatch of your father's surname would create problems at the time of document - verifications while attending Intervies in relation to jobs, in taking up a course for higher studies or in Passport - formalities.
The best step is to get it rectified at the earliest in order to avoid any complication arising out of it.
You may contact your school - authorities along with an application indicating the anamoly and get the same forwarded through the Headmaster/ Principal. You may provide the Photo - copies of any supporting documents duly attested by same with a designated authority in support of proof. The Aadhar - card, Voter - identity Card or his Matriculation - certificate are the supporting documents for the proof of his surname. You may enclose the Photo- copy of any one after its attestation. The application is to be sent to the Board - office from where you have passed ten and twelve. In that way, you can address the issue.

Author: Partha Kansabanik    04 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

To avoid unnecessary complication, dispute, cancellation of candidature and time-consuming litigation, I would sincerely advice you to immediately apply to the concerned Examination Board to correct the surname of your father and issue you a fresh certificate. In case, the Board refuses to do so, you have to sign a suitably-worded affidavit before a first class Magistrate of your city explaining the position. Two advertisements are also required to be published in the classified columns of two newspapers (one English and one Vernacular). You have to keep the original affidavit and original advertisements throughout your life to avoid complications.

Author: [Anonymous]    05 Feb 2016      Member Level: Diamond     Points : 3  (Rs 3)    Voting Score: 0

Yes, it may create problem in future and it can be your job, furthur studies, passport or any legal document verification.
I have a thought that when the error was there in your 10th documents, why didn't you take sxtra care for the same in 12th.
Anyways, you should get it corrected at the earliest.
For that, contact your school authorities or board administrative department.
You will be asked to submit application with identity proofs.
Please note that you are not supposed to submit original documents at the times of application.

Author: Mahesh    07 Feb 2016      Member Level: Gold     Points : 2  (Rs 2)    Voting Score: 0

Government jobs are quite particular about the name, address, age and other mistakes. So you need to make sure that these details are accurate. Even for small typo those jobs are going to cause a lot of issues. So I suggest you to get it fixed before applying to the government jobs If you ignore the issue for long enough then thing is that you may end up having trouble with the government inquiry. That being said, you should also make that correction as early as possible. Though in general this should not cause any issues but government department are known for such issues. So make sure you get things fixed before applying.

Post Answer

You must Sign In to post a response.

Post Answer        

Related Questions
  • Return to Question Index
  • Ask Question to Experts

  • Awards & Gifts
    Top Contributors
    TodayLast 7 Daysmore...

    Online Members

    Asha Kurian
    ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.